Here we grow again! NPAAMB is looking for a dynamic and energetic individual to join our team as:
(1) Executive Assistant to the Executive Director/CEO
11 month contract position *with possibility of permanent position
Location: 50 Generations Drive, Ohsweken, Ontario
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Executive Assistant will be responsible for performing a wide variety of administrative duties in support of the Executive Director and management team. Responsibilities will include responding to and prioritizing incoming and outgoing correspondence/emails as well as more complex functions and services, such as being involved in the taking of minutes, coordination of meetings and special administrative projects.
Main responsibilities include:
- Collaborates with the ED and management team to support overall vision of the organization
- Assists Office Manager with coordination of file organization related to audit and funder monitoring, including developing quarterly compliance reports for ED
- Works in collaboration with Office Manager to ensure consistent central filing system and regular management of central files room.
- Provides recommendations for consideration to ED for office development and improvements, including IT and equipment
- Maintain work schedules and calendars of Executive Director
- Review all documents, reports and correspondence prepared for executive signatures for format, content, clear writing, grammar, spelling and make edits as necessary.
- Complete expense reports, travel claims and coordinate approval of other invoices as necessary
- When required, log all incoming correspondence and; coordinate the distribution of all outgoing admin correspondence including cheques.
- Daily review and management of incoming and outgoing email correspondence and related electronic and hard copy filing of same under the Direction of the Executive Director.
- Creates and regularly maintains excel workbooks/spreadsheets of partner, employer, and other database listings for tracking purposes.
- Assists with the preparation and collation of board kits and Annual General Assembly kits
- Complete short term special projects that reflect emerging operational and administrative priorities as identified by the E.D.
- Serve as recording secretary at meetings directed by E.D. when necessary, including monthly staff meetings
- Diploma in Office Administration, Executive Assistant and Administration or Bachelor Degree in Business Administration
- 5-7 years experience in administrative role in not for profit organization
- Superior typing abilities (30-40 wpm)
- Superior skills in excel including linking worksheets; forumula use etc
- Excellent and clear writing skills with ability to write and format moderately complex correspondence
- Knowledge of privacy legislation and risk management procedures governing the protection of personal and sensitive information
- Meticulous records maintenance skills and superior verbal communication skills
- Experience with Adobe Pro considered an asset
The successful candidate must have reliable transportation to fulfill the duties of the position, as regular travel is required. For copy of complete job description please contact Brandee Sandy, Office Manager at email@example.com.
Mail, Courier or email your Resume and/or CV, and 3-work-related references, to the attention of:
Shari St. Peter, Executive Director c/o firstname.lastname@example.org
Niagara Peninsula Aboriginal Area Management Board
50 Generations Drive, 2nd Flr, Box 9
Ohsweken, Ontario N0A 1M0
Closing Date: Friday, April 28, 2017 12 noon FIRM
Start Date: immediately
Salary range: $44,000-45,760 per annum
All offers of employment are contingent upon receipt and acceptance of vulnerable sector CPIC.