Kagita Mikam Aboriginal Employment & Training
Job Posting – Executive Director
Kagita Mikam Aboriginal Employment & Training requires a new Executive Director to report to the Board of Directors, and is chiefly responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and organizational objectives. The Executive Director’s major mandate is to ensure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress on its goals. Other key responsibilities include program development and administration, allowing for the optimal use of organizational finances, staff and resources. This individual will also provide financial leadership by monitoring budgets and managing long-term strategic fiscal plans.
Kagita Mikam Employment & Services Inc. offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
• A degree, certificate, or diploma in Business, Finance or Community Development.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience within a not-for profit organization in leadership positions.
• Demonstrated ability to manage key constituent relationships, including patrons, business partners, government agencies, and so on.
• Able to identify key issues; creatively and strategically overcome internal and external challenges or obstacles.
• Strong knowledge of fiscal management and responsibility, business finance, contracts, and partnerships.
• Knowledge of personnel policies, practices, and procedures.
• Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
• High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability.
• Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
• A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
• Experience creating and co-managing budgets.
• Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
For a complete job description, please email your request to – Vanessa Boudreault – vboudreault@HiawathaFN.ca
Kagita Mikam is inviting Aboriginal candidates to apply for this position by submitting an application package which consists of a covering letter and a resume. Salary will be commensurate with experience. For those selected for an interview you will require a minimum of 3 professional references. Please submit the application package via email to:
Vanessa Boudreault – vboudreault@HiawathaFN.ca
Deadline for applications is 12:00 noon on THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2016.
Note: the incumbent for this position must provide a CPIC on the date of hire.
Kagita Mikam highly encourages people of aboriginal ancestry to apply for this position. Kagita Mikam Aboriginal Employment and Training thanks all applicants; however, only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. All qualified applicants will not necessarily be offered an interview.