- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
- Manitoba NationTalk
POSITION: Executive Director
LOCATION: Muncey, Ontario ON
CLOSING DATE: Open until fille
JOB SUMMARY: Appointed by the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is accountable for the overall leadership and management of the Agency and ensuring that the mission and goals of the Agency are met in a manner which reflects its stated values and beliefs. In addition, the Executive Director will provide strong leadership and be responsible for the development, administration and delivery of services in the ongoing quest to have the agency Designated and Mandated as an Indigenous Child Protection Agency operating under a Tri-Cultural model of service delivery. As well, the E.D. will lead the agency in its newly appointed role as a licensed Foster Parent agency specializing in Indigenous Foster Parent recruitment and training and retention.
- Master’s degree (Social Work or a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience). Formal training or a background in financial/HR administration, public administration;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Social Work practitioner and 5 years’ senior management experience, ideally but not necessarily within a child welfare context;
- Experience in working with culturally appropriate service models for Indigenous peoples
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with Indigenous Chiefs and Councils and their communities to solicit input into the development of Agency programs and services to ensure integration of cultural, values, traditions and teachings into programming and policy;
- Ensure regular community consultation with Elders and other community leaders and members in relation to planning and development processes to ensure integration of cultural values and customs;
- Provide leadership to the Senior Management team, in building a strong service vision, based on the agency’s mission, vision, values, and strategic directions and service model;
- Network and advocate with funding sources in order to negotiate additional funding to address funding cuts or other related financial issues;
- Ensure the Agency operates within appropriate legislation, standards, and guidelines established by funding sources and the Board as well as ensure that policies, procedures and practices are communicated, implemented, applied and managed;
- Responsible for the sound financial management of the Organization which includes funding, budgeting, planning and reporting in accordance with guidelines established by funding sources;
- Ensure that expenditures conform to budget and that regular financial reports including financial forecasts are prepared; liaises with funding sources as required regarding budget submissions;
- Ensure that quality measures are in place and that each service is regularly evaluated for adherence to legislative requirements, standards, accreditation requirements and the Organization’s mission and goals.
- Collaborate with each Indigenous to develop community development project proposals which will assist in identifying strategies for the development of community service systems and which will result in more effective service delivery to community members;
We offer a competitive benefits, pension, and compensation package as well as opportunities for professional development.
Please e-mail us for posting details. A detailed job description is available upon request. Please quote the Position and Competition No. in your cover letter and resume, and submit by email to email@example.com
Please note that preference will be given to qualified Indigenous and Aboriginal applicants. Please self-identify. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: