Chippewas of the Thames First Nation is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the role of Executive Administrator. Chippewas of the Thames First Nation is an Anishinaabe community of nearly 2500 members located along the Thames River and approximately 25 km southwest of London, Ontario.
POSTION: Executive Administrator
REPORTS TO: Chief and Council
WORK HOURS: Monday to Friday (8:30 to 4:30) with some evenings
SUPERVISES: Program Managers/Directors
SALARY: To be Negotiated
The Executive Administrator provides management leadership to all of the programs/services within Chippewas of the Thames First Nation. The Executive Administrator ensures that all programs and services are developed, enhanced and managed in an effective and efficient manner that provides for a better quality of life for all members of Chippewas of the Thames First Nation. A key responsibility is to provide a supporting link between Chief and Council, the Board of Education, all current and future COTTFN Trusts, committees and the program/services.
- Well-developed managerial skills
- Ability to provide leadership and motivate others, ability to organize time and work, sound decision making capability to provide effective supervision and ability to develop policies and procedures
- Possess capabilities needed for short and long-term planning, including the ability to guide planning sessions
- Must have a sound working knowledge of: the community organizational structure, laws, policies and programs, Aboriginal and Treaty Rights, and INAC regulations and procedures
- Must have a good working knowledge of the community culture, customs, and a thorough understanding of the issues facing the community and of the community’s present and future needs
- Must have working knowledge and experience in human resource management
- Must have the ability to guide initiatives in all areas of the community’s development including Land Use Planning, Consultations and Governance
- Excellent communication, diplomacy and interpersonal skills
- Must have knowledge of performance management IT software and process
- Computer literate
- Minimum of five years relevant experience
- Three years working with a Native Community considered an asset
- Post-graduate degree in Public Administration or related field preferred
- Under Graduate Degree in Public Administration or related field accepted along with exceptional experience
- Interacts with clients, staff, visitors, government agencies/personnel
- Travel required
- Overtime as required
Full Job Description available upon request
All qualified candidates can submit their resume, covering letter to the attention of:
Mrs. Brenda French – A/Executive Administrator email@example.com 320 Chippewa Road Muncey, ON N0L 1Y0
Application Deadline: November 2, 2017 at 4:00p.m.
Successful candidate will be asked to provide current references and CPIC
Note: We thank all candidates for applying; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.