- British Columbia NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Facility Services Manager
|Posting ID :||8631|
|Apply By :||4/23/2018|
|Position Title :||Facility Services Manager|
|Department :||Laurier Brantford YMCA|
|Job Type :||Full-time, Continuing|
|Position Summary :|
At Laurier, we are a community. It’s what brings our students here and what keeps our people here.
As an educational institution, we inspire lives of leadership and purpose in our student community. As an employer, we seek, foster and value the same qualities of leadership and purpose in our employee community.
We currently have an opportunity to join the Laurier community as a Facility Services Manager.
The Facility Services Manager is an integral part of the Laurier Brantford YMCA leadership team, playing a leadership role in implementing standards of service excellence to ensure the delivery of high quality service to members. This is a hands-on role responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of a fully integrated cleaning and maintenance plan. This role will also ensure that all regulatory compliance items such as Health and Safety, contracts and pool operations are maintained.
- Provide leadership to a Facility team comprised of 10-15 full-time and part-time staff including mechanics to ensure a clean, safe and well maintained facility including recruitment, supervision, training, scheduling, payroll preparation and evaluation
- Develop and manage departmental budgets (housekeeping and maintenance)
- Manage work order system by assignment and prioritizing repair or breakdown requirements
- Work scheduled Team Leader shifts
- Participate in front line duties as required
- Implement and utilize YMCA SAM standards
- In conjunction with requirements, co-ordinate facility mechanics, and outside trades people for preventative maintenance, repairs and other maintenance activities to be performed on equipment and building systems.
- Administer documentation, records management, accounts payable, supplies/inventory, departmental reports, etc.
- Maintain building automation system and all branch mechanical systems to include seasonal transitions
- Develop and maintain standardized cleaning schedules and checklists to ensure quality standards are maintained. This will include the use of specialized cleaning equipment
- Maintain pool operations and maintain certified pool operators certification
- Ensure all health and safety standards adhered to
- Two Year Post-Secondary education in building operations along with five years building cleaning experience, and knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Institutional or previous YMCA experience
- Management of cleaning staff
- Training of staff and implementation of cleaning processes
- Working knowledge of WHMIS and H & S directives
- Certified Pool Operators is preferred
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Three years supervisory experience and budgetary management
- Knowledge and qualification in pool operations is an asset
- Must provide a current criminal reference check as per the Association’s policy
To Apply :
If you are interested in this position, please submit your letter of application, resume and salary expectations by April 23rd, 2018 to the attention of:
Ann Abraham, Human Resources Assistant
YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford
We thank all applicants; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please Note : Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Wilfrid Laurier University endeavors to fill positions with qualified candidates who have a combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position while demonstrating Laurier’s Employee Success Factors.
Diversity and creating a culture of inclusion is a key pillar of Wilfrid Laurier University’s Strategic Academic Plan and is one of Laurier’s core values. Laurier is committed to increasing the diversity of faculty and staff and welcomes applications from candidates who identify as Indigenous, racialized, having disabilities, and from persons of any sexual identities and gender identities. Indigenous candidates who would like to learn more about equity and inclusive programing at Laurier are welcomed to contact the Office of Indigenous Initiatives at email@example.com. Candidates from other equity seeking groups who would like to learn more about equity and inclusive programing at Laurier are welcomed to contact the Diversity and Equity Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have strived to make our application process accessible however if you require any assistance applying for a position or would like this job posting in an alternative format, please contact Human Resources at 519-884-1970 ext.2007 or email@example.com.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: