Company: Select Seafoods Canada Ltd O/A Select Seafoods Canada
Business details: Commercial fishing. We own and operate the freezer trawler Northern Alliance which catches, processes and exports frozen at sea (FAS) Hake, Pollock and Arrowtooth Flounder
Business Address: 2-11771 Horseshoe Way, Richmond, BC, V7A 4V4
Work location: West Coast Canadian waters
Type of Employment: Full time
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Inspect and conduct maintenance, operation, and repair of all vessel electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and freezing systems onboard the F/V Northern Alliance.
- Supervise and co-ordinate the activities of the engine room crew
- Maintain the ship in a state of readiness.
- Follow system specified recommended maintenance programs.
- Participate in dockside repairs and maintenance including yearly shipyard work
- Follow company safety and pollution prevention policies and procedures. Conduct periodic inspections of antipollution systems, i.e. oily water separators, air filters, etc.
- Prepare the vessel for all Lloyds/ Transport Canada inspections. Be familiar with the ISM Code and its requirements
- Keep vessel maintenance records and inventories. Maintain up to date logs for all equipment.
- Report repair and maintenance issues to Captain and Owner Make requisition for required parts, supplies, etc., as needed and forward to office staff.
- Operate main engines, machinery and auxiliary equipment on ships
- Stand engine room watch, monitoring and noting performance of engines, machinery and all auxiliary equipment
Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
Experience: The necessary experience to acquire a Transport Canada marine engineer officer certificate of competency is required.
- Must be able to read, analyze and interpret systems manuals, technical bulletins, inspection reports and government regulations.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Captain, crew and Owner.
- Must possess strong knowledge of support systems, such as oily water separators, lube oil separators, fuel centrifuges, shaft generators, variable pitch propeller systems, air compressors, pumps, hydraulics, water makers, plumbing, (both water and fuel), refrigeration, heating and air conditioning
- Self-sufficient, organized and showing positive leadership
- Commercial fishing experience on freezer trawler is an asset.
*Please note:This position is to work full time on a fishing vessel, and we need committed crew to stay on the fishing vessel all the time during the trips. Please note we cannot interrupt our operations to drop any crew on land. Trips at sea can be from 12 up to 24 days / from 8 to 10 days (please confirm), depending on weather conditions.Employee will work shifts of 12 hours daily, 84 hours weekly while on the vessel. Shifts will vary according to vessel’s needs.
Salary: Minimum annual earnings of $56.254 (based on $36.06/hourly x 30 hours/weekly) is guaranteed. Position could earn up to $45 per hour depending on the trip performance calculated in this way: 9.35% or $.016363/Lb (50,000 Lbs x $.016363 = approx $7400.00 gross per trip or up to ($45.00/hour). Individuals are paid on a per trip basis based on 2 trips on 1 trips offs.
Benefits:We provide dental insurance and extended medical insurance to our employees.
How to apply:
Apply by e-mail to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 2-11771 Horseshoe Way, Richmond, BC, V7A 4V4