KDK Blueberry Farm is growing quality blueberries in BC since many years. We are committed to growing, harvesting and selling of quality produce on our farm located in Surrey. Currently, we are hiring one full-time “Farm Manager” for our blueberry farm. The Manager will be responsible for overseeing all farm and business operations, including growth operations, harvesting, packaging, sales as well as maintaining activities and staffing at the farm.
Company: KDK Blueberry Farm
Position: Farm Manager
Number of positions: 1
Terms of employment: Full-time – Permanent; Year- round work
Anticipated start date: As soon as possible
Farm/Work Location: 4538, 168 St, Surrey, BC, V3S 0L2
- Salary: $22.00 per hour.
- Accommodation will be provided at $30/week (if required).
- Transportation to workplace is available (if required).
- Manage the overall operations of the farm.
- Organize and coordinate planting, cultivation and harvesting activities of the farm.
- Establish and execute marketing program to increase blueberry production and revenue.
- Maintain financial and production records.
- Purchase farm machinery, seed and other farm supplies
- Plan pesticide and nutrient applications and maintain records.
- Ensure that farm machinery, equipment and buildings are well maintained
- Hire and supervise workers.
- Perform other farm duties as and when required.
- Completion of secondary school.
- Education in agriculture or another field related to crop production would be an asset, but not mandatory.
- 2-3 years of relevant farm work experience is required.
- Language: English
- Willing to work in flexible shifts including weekends and holidays.
Essential Skills required: Problem-solving, Decision making, Critical thinking, Significant use of memory.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding, Work under pressure, a combination of sitting, standing and walking.
Worksite Environment: Outdoors, wet, damp, rain, shine, hot, cold weather.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by sending their resume with contact information by:
Mail: 5967, 168 Street, Surrey, BC, V3S 3X5