Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Farmers and Farm Managers (8251)
NOC Job Title: Farm Manager
4674 176 Street
Surrey, British Columbia
V3S 0L5 Canada
Number of Hours: 40 hours a week, over time to start after 40 hours a week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and coordinates worker activities, such as a planting irrigation, chemical applications, harvesting, grading, payroll and recordkeeping.
- Contracts with farmers or independent owners for raising of crops or for management of crop production.
- Coordinate growing activities with those of engineering equipment maintenance, packing houses, and other related departments.
- Records information such as production, farm management practices, and parent stock, and prepare financial and operational reports.
- Determines procedural changes in drying, grading, storage and shipment for greater efficiency and accuracy.
- Analyzes soil to determine type of quantity of fertilizer required for maximum production.
- Plans and directs development and production of hybrid plants varieties with yield or disease and insect resistant characteristics.
- Purchases machinery, equipment, and supplies, such as tractors, seed, fertilizer and chemicals.
- Hires, discharges, transfers, and promotes workers, enforces safety regulations and interprets policies.
- Inspects equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Other duties as directed by farm owner.
- Completion of High School is required.
- 2 years’ work experience as Farmer and/or 1 year experience as a Supervisor.
How to Apply
Contact: Karan Multani