Company: Weyga Farming Ltd.
Business information: Weyga Framing Ltd. produces quality grain since 1975.We are using precision farming technology to achieve a strong balance between productivity and environment.
We produce wheat, malt barley, peas, canola, soy beans.
Business Location: 46525 RR210 Camrose, AB T4V 1X3
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Maintain work records and logs
- Perform general farm duties
- Program, operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- Hire and train staff
- Co-ordinate and supervise the work of general farm workers and harvesting laborers
- Supervise and oversee growing and other crop-related operations
- Ensure farm safety and bio-security procedures are followed
- Maintain quality control and production records
- Develop work schedules and establish procedures
- Co-ordinate production and marketing operation
- Manage digital technology
- Assist with on-going farm activities as required
- Assist manager as required
Ability to supervise: 3-4 people
Work Location: Rural area
-Education: Completion of high school
-Experience: At least two years of experience as a labourer working with similar production to our farm is required. In the event that candidate does not have at least two years of experience then a post-secondary certificate is required.
– Experience in operation of large farm equipment required
– Knowledge in GPS prevision farming technology , large and varied farm equipment, and digital technology preferred
– Class 1 Driver’s license required
– Be self-motivated, an independent thinker and an excellent problem solver
Salary: $28.00 to $29.00Hourly, 40-60 Hours per week. Overtime required during spring seedingand fall harvesting.
Benefits:Dental and Extended Medical Insurance, bonus for overtime, lenses and personal protective equipment provided.
– Physically demanding, work under pressure, tight deadlines.
– Flexibility on schedule is required. Work schedules will vary depending on the business needs, the weather and the seasons. The most common schedule will be 8am to 5pm from Monday to Friday.
– Overtime will be required during spring seeding and fall harvesting according to business needs.Shifts from 12-13hours a days, 6 days a week. Harvesting schedule may change due to weather conditions.
Apply by e-mail to :firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: P.O. Box 1318 Camrose, AB T4V 1X3