The Finance Manager will be responsible for overall integrity of the financial operations of Hiawatha First Nation, to provide accurate information to the Administrator/Chief and Council, including analysis, budgeting, forecasting and preparing financial reports. The incumbent will be responsible for directing and managing accounting finance staff, creating and maintaining internal policies, following existing principles and systems, practices and procedures, and implement changes as required. Other responsibilities will include preparation of the detailed financial statements, annual budgets and reports to Chief and Council, internal and external stakeholders (including community, funders and auditors). This position will be considered a senior level position and all overtime is included in the salary amount. The incumbent must follow the strategic plans of the organization, adhering to the HFN vision and values.
This position will report to the First Nation Administrator, but from time to time will take direction and/or generate reports that will be directly for Hiawatha First Nation Council. This position will oversee the finance team.
Summary of Main Responsibilities:
- Oversee budget process and budget submissions from managers; preparing packages to the Administrator and finally Council for approval at budget time
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and other reports as required
- Provide information as required for such things as lobby packages, audits, funding requests or for any other purpose of the council
- Responsibility for all Hiawatha First Nation bank accounts and report on those regularly
- Forecast on budgets and ensure variance reporting from managers is complete
- Follow all accounting principles and legislation, including GAAP and PSAB
- Various analysis on internal and external statements, including Return on Investment, Cost Benefit Analysis statement, etc.
- Participation on various committees, both internal and external to Hiawatha as required
- Overseeing financial staff and providing coaching, mentoring and support to assist them in meeting their goals
- Maintain and ensure policies are up to date and followed, including spending limits and authorities
- Promote the vision, mission and values of Hiawatha First Nation
If you are interested in this opportunity and possess the above list of qualities and requirements, please forward your resume and cover letter via mail, email, fax or in person to:
By Mail: Hiawatha First Nation
123 Paudash Street
ATTN: Kelly Maracle, HRO
By email: email@example.com
By fax: 705-295-4424
For more information or a detailed job description, please contact Kelly Maracle at the above.