Financial Officer (Tax Audit) R24
Three (3) Full-time position(s) available
Positions available in Victoria
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary vacancies.
A unique opportunity to apply your financial expertise in this exciting role
The Tax Auditor is responsible for the planning and conducting of tax audits and other compliance initiatives under, and supporting administration of, one or more branch programs. Locations of audits may be within or outside the province. This position is also responsible for providing key advice and recommendations on establishing and updating assessment practices and procedures used by the branch to administer various tax statutes; keeping them relevant and current, to optimize both tax revenue to the province and customer service to our taxpayers.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Anne.Schuetze@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the position qualifications as outlined below:
- Must be a member in good standing with a professional accounting designation (CPA, CA; CPA, CGA; CPA, CMA; or CPA), issued by The Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada AND
- Minimum of three years’ experience in accounting and /or auditing, including a minimum of one year of audit experience.
Preference may be given to applicants that have:
- Experience in tax administration.
- Advanced MS Excel experience (exporting and importing data, working with various complex charts and tables, working with pivot tables and pivot charts, working with macros).
- Must be willing and able to maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must be willing and able to maintain a valid passport.
- Willingness to conduct field work which may include travel within and outside of the province or, in rare circumstances, outside the country.
- Successful completion of security screening requirements of the BC Public Service, which includes a criminal record check.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Records Check (CRC) will be required.
Resume required: YES – A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes. Please read the instructions on how to complete the Online Questionnaire below.
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Cover letter required: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed. Please select “SKIP” on the cover letter screen to continue with your application.