BC Public Service
Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations & Rural Development
Fire Crew Member, Wildfire Management Branch
Are you a physically fit, motivated, team-oriented individual looking for a challenging and dynamic workplace?
Recruiting for Auxiliary positions, $20.52 per hour
The British Columbia Forest Service Wildfire Management Branch is accepting applications for Fire Crew Member positions
The majority of fire crews begin work in late April or early May and work until the end of August. Some crews remain working into September or even into October depending on fire conditions and activity. The normal work shift is seven hours per day and 35 hours per week. A fire fighter is guaranteed a 3-5 month work term depending on location of employment and fire activity.
If crews are not on a fire but the fire danger is high, fire fighters may be placed on standby, meaning they must be ready to respond immediately once a fire call comes in. Fire fighters may be placed on standby for extended periods throughout the fire season, including their weekends and after hours.
Qualifications for this role include:
– Maximum 3 page résumé plus cover letter
– You must include 2 work related supervisory references with current phone numbers
– Confirmation of a valid Canadian Driver’s Licence (Mandatory for IA/Rap, preferred for Unit Crew)
– Confirmation of one of the following WorkSafe BC Occupational First Aid tickets:
- WorkSafe BC OFA Level 1 Ticket (or equivalent *) & Transportation Endorsement Ticket; or,
2. WorkSafe BC OFA Level 3 Ticket (or equivalent *); or,
3. Contact info of first aid training provider for verification of enrolment in one of the above courses to be completed before the first day of the Boot Camp (end of April).
If you do not meet any of the above first aid requirements you will not be eligible for employment. These certificates must be valid through the end of September, 2018.
To learn more, including how to apply online by January 15, 2018 please visit: https://search.employment.gov.bc.ca/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=46275