Company: Ucluelet Harbour Seafoods Ltd. / 0822759 BC Ltd.
Business address: 1661 Cedar Road, Ucluelet, BC, V0R 3A0
Location of work: Includes two buildings operated by Ucluelet Harbour Seafoods: 1661 Cedar Road, Ucluelet, BC V0R 3A0 and 2074 Peninsula Road, Ucluelet, BC V0R 3A0. Both facilities are in the same town under the same management and ownership. Simply 1 kilometer down the road and operated as one business.
Business information: We receive fresh fish from fishing boats on Vancouver Island and we fillet to various fillet sizes and pack styles for distribution in both fresh and frozen markets.
Type of Employment: Full time–Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Clean and sort fish
- To properly fillet fish to ensure maximum use of product and fillet various kinds of fish for production and retail sales. Properly grade product and assign to accounts
- Properly cut all types of portion orders to ensure lowest percentage of loss, including bias, block, sandwich, P.B.O (Pin Bone Out fillets). etc.
- Sanitize work area and equipment before filleting
- Survey all equipment to assure proper working order
- Handle product properly to ensure maximum shelf life
- Put away excess product properly
- Finish all orders in a timely manner
- Inform supervisor of any changes or problems
- Cut and fillet 1-20 lb. fish with a band saw and/or knife
- Pack fish in 5-50 lb. boxes
- Clean-up work station and department
- Communicate quality issues to supervisors and merchandising
- Weigh and tag product at end of the shift with other fillet crew team members
- Help pack fillet orders
-Education: No formal education required
-Experience: Experience is an asset. Training will be provided.
The hiring process includes initial assessment of the fish filleting skills.
This position requires the ability to fillet a minimum of 150Lbs of Rockfish fillets with a 30% Skin off recovery (500 Round Pounds) per hour or, 140 or more whole Rockfish per hour
-We prefer candidates that speak English well but as we have an urgent need for help, candidates with basic command of English will also be accepted
Wage: $16.10 to $20.00 hourly, 8-10 hours up to 12 if is needed, 30 – 60 hours per week.
Important information: Shifts of work: We require flexibility on schedule as hours of work can be: from 5:00 am to 1:00pm or 2:00pm, sometimes working until 4pm or 5:00pm is required during summer time when production is heavy and overtime is available
Benefits: Smocks or uniforms
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 1661 Cedar Road, Ucluelet, BC, V0R 3A0
Apply by Fax: 503-905-2495
offer valid till May 30th, 2017