- British Columbia NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Fish Plant Manager
- Nurture your career potential with a growing, world-class, First Nations Organization.
- Key managerial role reporting directly to the COO.
- Competitive remuneration commensurate with experience.
About the Organization
Established by the Heiltsuk Tribal Council (HTC) in 2006, the Heiltsuk Economic Development Corporation (HEDC) is the business operations arm of the Heiltsuk Nation. Led by an executive management team and governed at arm’s length by a Board of Directors, the HEDC is responsible for business affairs of the Heiltsuk Nation. With an objective to improve the economic well-being of the residents of Bella Bella, the HEDC seeks to enhance existing businesses and implement new business opportunities in the region.
As a corporation, the HEDC honors the Heiltsuk values of respect, sharing, honor, caring for one another and for the natural world.
For more information about the HEDC, please visit our website.
About Bella Bella
The village of Bella Bella can be found on the east coast of Campbell Island, on the Central Coast region of British Columbia. Located approximately 180 kilometers north of Port Hardy and 145 kilometers west of Bella Coola, Bella Bella is an ideal spot for any outdoor enthusiast. With the natural splendour of the Great Bear Rainforest, the region also boasts a wide range of outdoor activities, including fishing, kayaking, camping and whale watching.
This is a truly unique opportunity for someone to immerse themselves in a traditional First Nations community, while enjoying the pristine beauty of BC’s central coast. Although ground transportation to Bella Bella is unavailable, BC Ferries services and regular scheduled flights are in operation year-round.
About the Opportunity
HEDC has an exciting opportunity for an adaptable, detail-orientated professional to become the new Plant Manager for the Heiltsuk Fisheries Management Ltd., under the HEDC Group of Companies.
In this pivotal role, you will direct and manage all plant operations with overall responsibility for production, maintenance, quality and other production-related activities.
More specifically, you will coordinate plant activities through the planning with departmental supervisors to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and monitoring operational and capital budgets, maintenance plans; marketing plans; cash flow forecasts.
- Coordination of CFIA & WCB Plant requirements, other relevant regulatory institutions and program implementation to ensure full compliance.
- Implementing cost-effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
- Managing capital asset maintenance.
To qualify for this role, the successful candidate will have Bachelor’s degree in a related field or five years plant/general management experience in a manufacturing environment or related experience in a food/seafood processing plant environment.
Our ideal candidate will also have the following:
- Sales and marketing experience in a management capacity to meet sales targets and responsibility for profit objectives and meeting sales targets to domestic and international countries will be considered an asset.
- Previous experience working in a Fish Plant or fishing industry.
- Must be comfortable working with numbers for budgeting, pricing, inventory management, etc.
- Must have basic to intermediate computer skills and be comfortable using MS Office and Email.
- Must be physically able to lift up to 30 pounds and climb ladders.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
You will be successful in this role if you have great interpersonal, leadership, problem-solving and time management skills.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment and want to take your career to the next level with a highly respected community, then please read on to see what the HEDC has to offer!
About the Benefits
This is your chance to take on a hands-on role where you can offer your management expertise to mentor other staff and make a lasting difference to the development of the Heiltsuk Fisheries Management LP.
In this role, you will be rewarded with a competitive annual salary plus a range of great benefits, including:
- Subsidized housing provided;
- Full Benefits (Long, Health, Extended Health and Pension);
- 3 weeks’ annual paid vacations; plus designated holidays
- Professional development allowance
- Access to company vehicle, if required; and
- Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate
If you’re looking for a leadership position that is guaranteed to provide you with satisfaction – Apply Now!
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: