Company:0822759 BC Ltd. Dba Ucluelet Harbour Seafoods Ltd.
Business address:1661 Cedar Road, Ucluelet, BC, V0R 3A0
Location of work: Includes two buildings operated by Ucluelet Harbour Seafoods:1661 Cedar Road, Ucluelet, BC V0R 3A0 and 2074 Peninsula Road, Ucluelet, BC V0R 3A0. Both facilities are in the same town under the same management and ownership. Only one kilometer separates the buildings and they operate as one business.
Business information: We receive fresh fish from fishing boats on Vancouver Island and we process various product formsand pack styles for exportto frozen markets.
Type of Employment: Full time–Seasonal / Contract from May to November 2019
Estimated Start Date: May 1st, 2019
- Cut, clean and inspect fish prior to freezing
- Check fish sections according to specifications and place in packaging for weighing
- Check products and packaging for defects and to ensure conformance to company standards and perform corrective machine adjustments as required
- Set up and operate machines to clean, cut, freeze fish
- Set up and operate machines to bag, box, and package fish
- Keep work area clean and free of debris
- Take part in cleanup and follow proper lockout procedures
- Follow all sanitation and hygiene policies
- Education: No formal education required
- Experience is an asset. Training will be provided.
- We prefer candidates that speak English well but as we have an urgent need for help, candidates with basic command of Englishwill also be accepted
- Work conditions and physical capabilities: repetitive tasks, handling heavy loads, physically demanding, standing for extended periods, bending, crouching, kneeling
- Work site environment: odours, cold/refrigerated, wet/damp
Wage:$16.00 to $17.00 hourly 44 to 48 hours/week. Day and night shifts.
Benefits: Smocks or uniforms, housing/accommodations provided at a discounted rate
Important information: Shifts of work: We require flexibility on schedule as hours of work can be: from 7AM to 7PM or from 7PM to 7AM.During the week the schedule is 4 days of work with 11 to 12 hours of work per day, and 3 days off, on a rotational basis. Overtime is required as the work period is the peak season.
Apply by e-mail to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to:1661 Cedar Road, Ucluelet, BC, V0R 3A0
Apply by Fax: 250-726-3434