Company: CB Island Fisheries Ltd.
Business Address: Suite 800-1500 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC, V6G 2Z6, Canada
Work location: Canadian and international waters -deep sea fishing .Vessel ‘’Amy Usen’’.
Type of Employment: Full time – Seasonal (6-month contract)
Estimated Start Date: May 15th, 2018 (Workers needed from May to November 2018)
- Prepare nets, lines and other fishing tackle, and operate fishing gear to catch fish
- Clean, sort and pack fish and stow catch in freezer fishhold
- Repair nets, splice ropes and maintain fishing gear and other deck equipment
- Clean deck surfaces and fish hold
- Handle mooring lines during docking
- Take wheel watches
- May prepare and cook meals for crew members
- Education: No education is required
- Experience: Experience is an asset
- **Med a1 is needed (marine emergency duties for off shore fishing), First aid, Watch keeping certificate are assets**
This position is to work full time on a fishing vessel and we need committed crew stay on the fishing vessel for the entire season. Please note we cannot interrupt our operations to drop crew on land. Trips at sea can be as long as 4 months. Do not apply if you cannot commit to completing a fishing trip.
Salary: Please note that salary includes 5% of the gross revenues with minimum weekly earnings of $ 750 (based on 30hrs X $25.00).
Benefits: Free room and board on the boat.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply by mail to: Suite 800-1500 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC, V6G 2Z6, Canada
Only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
Offer valid until April 30th, 2018