Company: 1508396 Alberta Ltd/ Orangetheory Fitness West Lethbridge
Orangetheory Fitness is the leading fitness gym in Lethbridge, AB
This role is a very important part of the success of the studio. The leadership along with the ability to deliver an amazing Orangetheory workout, will make this role challenging and rewarding. The goal and focus of creating the fitness leader role at Orangetheory Fitness is to guarantee the highest level of customer service and the best execution of our unique fitness category created by founder, Ellen Latham.
Business Location: #200 550 University Drive Lethbridge, AB, T1J 4V3
Work location: same as above
Type of Employment: Full-time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Demonstrate and instruct athletic, fitness or sports activities and techniques,
- Lead groups and individuals in recreational or leisure programs,
- Plan and carry out recreational, fitness and sports activities,
- Understand principles of group dynamics,
- Schedule activities, keep logs, maintain records and prepare reports,
- Provide lifestyle awareness information,
- Conduct therapeutic recreational or athletic activities,
- Ensure health and safety regulations are followed,
- Assist clients/guests with special needs,
- Assemble supplies, sports and game equipment,
- Monitor recreational, sports or fitness activities to ensure safety and provide emergency or first aid assistance when required
- Maintain and repair sports equipment,
- Prepare reports,
- Monthly team and workout review meetings
- Client relations
- Community outreach and events
-Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
Bachelor’s degree in an exercise science related field is an asset
-Experience: Minimum 3 years of experience as fitness leader or demonstrated ability in the fitness discipline is required
Because we are an Orangetheory Fitness Canada franchise, we must have a fitness leader who holds the following certifications or training:
Current nationally accredited personal trainer or primary group exercise certification
Successful completion of the OTFit Certification
Current CPR/AED certification
Excellent communication and organizational skills
Strong presentation skills
Salary: $20.00- to $24.00 hourly, 30-44 Hours per week. This position will require some extended work hours and flexibility in scheduling; including weekend hours if needed.
Please note this position requires 10-15 hours/ week teaching the workout and 20-25 hours/week –fitness leader role.
Leader (who leads by example), strong attention to customer service, team development, confidence, efficient time management and organizational skills, exceptional ability to deliver the OTF workouts
Benefits: First uniform, discount on retail, free workouts.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 200 550 University Drive Lethbridge, AB, T1J 4V3
Offer valid till August 30, 2017