Canam Group is the largest fabricator of steel components in North America. Specialized in designing construction solutions and fabricating customized products since 1961, Canam Group takes part in an average of 10,000 construction projects each year in one activity sector divided into three groups of products and services: buildings, structural steel and bridges. The Corporation operates 25 plants across North America and employs over 4,750 people in Canada, the United States, Romania and India.
As part of a dynamic team and according to the plans provided, you will assemble the various steel parts in the construction of buildings and sports, industrial or institutional infrastructures.
Evening shift, Monday to Thursday from 4:00 PM to 1:45 AM
- Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS) in fabrication of metal structures or in welding and fitting or the equivalent
- Good knowledge of plan reading
- Knowledge of welding, flame cutting and welding symbols
- Able to use a measuring tape perfectly (metric/imperial)
- Able to operate lifting equipment safely
- Use the equipment related to your work safely (torch, magnetic drill, grinding wheel, punch, etc.)
- Diligent, good working methods, curious and eager to learn
- Ability to work in a team environment
Canam Group offers a competitive salary, a full range of benefits and excellent opportunities for development and advancement. The salary for an fitter varies between $20.94 and $26.12/hour.
The Human Resources Department will only contact successful candidates.
We respect employment equity