Financial Services Analyst
Financial Officer R14
An eligibility list may be created.
There are currently two vacancies:
1 vacancy located in Surrey
1 vacancy located in Vancouver
Your skills, confidence and initiative will be valued in this challenging role
The Ministry of Children and Family Development provides services that support healthy, safe environments where children are connected to their family and community. The Financial Services & Quality Assurance Unit within the Corporate Operations Support Branch provides leadership and guidance on daily financial operations to optimize the use of financial and corporate resources to maximize Ministry capacity and provide integrated quality services to support improved outcomes for children, youth and families.
The Financial Services Analyst provides operational and change leadership, financial analysis, and performance management support in the Financial Services Team and the broader Financial Services Quality Assurance Team. The position is key resource in the teams overall planning, coordination and delivery of training and support of financial policy and procedures to client service delivery offices and provincial office division and branches. In addition, the position provides analytical capacity in the monitoring of the integrity of financial information, internal controls, and performance reporting.
This is your opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful regions in British Columbia and work for the BC Public Service. We offer a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits and much more.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Gurbinder.Gill@gov.bc.ca . DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca , before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Completion of secondary school (Grade 12) or equivalent.
- Four years clerical/administrative support experience.
- Two year of experience in and Accounting Operations environment including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and other core accounting functions.
- Experience with project management in a leadership or support role
- Experience using computerized systems and software such as internet-based applications and financial applications.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
Preferences may be given to applicants who have any of the following:
- Experience with project management in a leadership or support role within the last 12 months
- Experience delivering training programs and seminars on financial policy and accounting operations within the last 12 months
- One or more years of analytical reporting or reconciliation experience.
- One or more years of experience working in CAS Oracle.
- Completed post-secondary courses in accounting or related financial services.
- Experience working with government finance processes and systems.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
CRC – A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES – A resume is required as part of your application; however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.