***Please DO NOT apply for this position by submitting your profile on this BC Government Hiring Centre website. Applications must be made via the following directions below.***
Plan Reporting Financial Analyst
||Job Type: Regular, Full Time
|Classification: Financial Office R14
|Salary Range: $48,182.24 to $54,518.81 per annum
||Security Clearance: Required
|Closing Date: July 22, 2019
|Geographically Restricted: No – Funding for relocation will not be provided.
Why work with us?
At BC Pension Corporation, we are committed to our people. We are an organization with wellbeing at its core; offering an outstanding workplace experience where all employees can achieve their full potential. Some highlights of what we offer include:
- Flexible work schedules (mobility work, modified work weeks, job sharing, etc.)
- Competitive compensation
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- Comprehensive extended health and dental benefits for you and your family, including 100% employer paid MSP premium coverage
- Defined benefit pension program
- Health & wellness programs – lunchtime seminars, community health activities (yoga, kayaking, etc.) and a comprehensive Employee & Family Assistance Program
One in nine BC citizens is a member of one of the five pension plans we serve
|To learn more about us and how you can be a part of a culture that encourages innovation, continuous improvement and a passion for delivering an outstanding customer experience, visit bcpensioncorp.ca
What is the opportunity?
This position is one of four plan reporting staff members reporting to the Plan Reporting Supervisors. This position:
– Prepares interim and year-end financial statements, annual reports, including notes and schedules;
– Prepares quarterly group benefit reporting and financial board report summaries for decision-making;
– Prepares or reviews a variety of key financial calculations, analysis and reconciliations;
– Responsible for year-end annual and actuarial reporting and analysis;
– Participates in the design and development of work unit procedures and forms, and computer system maintenance and implementation; and
– Provides training, coaching and team building to clerical staff, assists the Plan Reporting Supervisor in reviewing and approving their work.
The positions authority and terms of reference derive from the BC Public Sector Pension Plans Act, the federal Income Tax Act, the BC Pensions Benefits Standards Act, the direction of the pension boards and trustees, plan documents governing each plan, the Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada requirements for pension plan accounting and reporting and Corporation policies and standards. This position must deal effectively with a diverse range of business contacts, including:
– Pension Corporation management in order to provide information and reports for business decisions;
– Actuaries in order to provide valuation results and other financial information, forecasts and economic trends;
– External auditors, actuaries, financial institutions, BC Investment Management Corporation (bcIMC) and other external agents in order to respond to queries, audit issues, explanations on trends and variances;
– Peer corporation team leaders in order to exchange information and resolve issues.
What do you need to succeed?
- Post-secondary education in bookkeeping or accounting OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (4 years) relevant to the position;
- A minimum of two years of experience developing and using Excel spreadsheets, graphs and charts;
- Experience with variance analysis, including researching causes and providing clear explanations;
- Experience in analyzing and resolving procedural and system processing problems, including understanding financial control.
- At least one year of related experience in preparing financial statements and supporting working papers for external audit is preferred.
Interested in applying?
To learn more about the Plan Reporting Financial Analyst position, please review the job description at the bottom of this page.
Your resume must provide detailed information about your education and employment history in order to clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements as listed above. Please ensure your resume includes the month and year(s) for each job in your employment history as well as the job related responsibilities.
Please apply through our career website: https://bcpensioncorp.prevueaps.ca/jobs/
Contact: Human Resources
If you are unable to access the links, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
Lesser qualified applicants may be appointed at a lower level. An eligibility list may be established. This appointment may be extended or may become regular.
Testing may be required.
We thank you for your interest in working with us. You will be informed of your status in this competition as soon as possible.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm PST on the closing date referenced above. Late applications will not be considered.
Diversity & Inclusion
BC Pension Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We are committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DO NOT submit your application for this position through the BC Government Hiring Centre website. Applications submitted through the BC Government Hiring Centre will not be considered.