Financial Officer R18
An eligibility list may be established.
Bring your operational expertise to this unique opportunity
Corporate Services for the Natural Resource Ministries (CSNR) serves the five natural resource ministries (Agriculture; Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources; Environment and Climate Change Strategy; Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development and Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation). CSNR is one of the largest corporate services organization across the BC public service, led by two ADMs, for approximately 6,200 natural resource ministry employees in over 120 locations throughout the province. These services include all aspects of financial planning, budget management, financial operations, strategic human resources, and facilities and asset management. CSNR’s vision is to be a trusted partner sharing in the success of the natural resource ministries. We provide leadership and deliver quality services to enable the natural resource ministries to achieve their goals by remaining committed to providing outstanding service and making our organization a great place to work.
This role will provide financial analyst services to multiple programs, projects and/or business lines.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Alysha.Holte@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- A combination of education and experience per one of the following options:
- a) Completion of a Diploma, Degree or Professional Accounting Designation in a related field (i.e. Financial Management, Accounting, Chartered Professional Accountant program (CPA) or legacy (CA, CGA, CMA) and minimum 2 years’ related experience; OR
- b) Completion of Level 2 or higher of the Province of British Columbia Financial Management Certificate Program and minimum 2 years’ related experience; OR
- c) Completion of post-secondary studies that include financial or accounting courses and minimum 3 years’ related experience; OR
- d) Completion of Secondary School or equivalent and minimum 5 years’ related experience.
- Experience in conducting financial forecasts and analysis and in supporting budget evaluation processes for multiple business areas.
- Experience analyzing financial and accounting statements and recommending reallocations.
- Preference may be given to candidates with supervisory experience.
- Valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License or equivalent.
- Must be willing and able to travel including overnight to other locations.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Online Questionnaire: YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.