Financial Officer R18
An eligibility list may be established.
An exciting opportunity to apply your exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
The Ministry of Citizens’ Services performs a dynamic, corporate leadership role in government to support the development of an innovative, modern and robust technology environment; to improve accessible and responsive services and information to citizens; and to provide enabling infrastructure for ministries and the broader public sector to transform how government works on a day-to-day basis.
The Government Digital Experience (GDX) division supports ministries to run public engagements initiatives, service design projects, citizen facing websites and a number of other information technology solutions for modernizing government.
The Financial Officer resides in the Delivery Management Services branch that supports the division to serve its internal clients in a fast paced and exciting work environment. A very supportive leadership team enables this role to work in a complex financial field while leveraging new tools, and giving space to the team to develop their own best practices.
The Financial Analyst provides accounting and analysis advice and recommendations. This position also supports the divisions procurement practices (including auditing GSAs, invoices, and reconciliations). The role ensures a corporate perspective is considered in all financial management activities across the division and the ministry.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Danton.Remacle@gov.bc.ca . DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree in business administration, commerce, public administration, accounting or financial management; OR
- Completion of a professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA, or CMA); OR
- Enrolled or fully eligible for enrollment in the CPA Professional Education Program; OR
- Diploma OR a minimum of a completion of the first two years of a degree in business administration, commerce, public administration, accounting or financial management; OR
- Minimum of Level 2 of the BC Public Service Financial Management Certificate Program.
- One year experience in conducting financial forecasts and analysis and in supporting budget evaluation processes for multiple business areas.
- One year experience preparing and modifying journal entries. Preference may be given to applicants who have two or more years’ experience.
- One year experience auditing and processing invoices. Preference may be given to applicants who have two or more years’ experience.
- One year experience developing and preparing financial reconciliations. Preference may be given to applicants who have two or more years’ experience.
- Experience analyzing financial and accounting statements and recommending reallocations.
- Experience with financial systems such as CAS Oracle (Corporate Financial System), and WFR.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: YES – A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire (STANDARD): YES – You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.