Financial Officer R18
The Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction has many locations around the Province. This position is part of a virtual team and may be located in any SDPR office location, subject to operational requirements and space availability. Locations may include but are not limited to: Campbell River, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Nanaimo, Abbotsford, Victoria, Vancouver, Kelowna, Kamloops, Cranbrook, Nelson, Prince George, Prince Rupert, Ft St John, Surrey.
An eligibility list may be established.
A unique opportunity to apply your financial expertise in this exciting role
The Operations Support Branch provides centralized operational support services for the Service Delivery Division (over 1400 employees, 83 locations, and $446M budget) that includes business intelligence, human resources, contracts, financial, facilities and asset management.
The Financial Analyst consolidates program budget submissions into the divisional budget ($250M of it is for demand driven supplementary assistance) and prepares budget estimates and financial forecasts for multiple programs, projects and lines of business.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Lisa.Tavender@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Diploma/Certificate in statistics, mathematics, financial management or social science field, or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- 1 year experience conducting financial forecasts and analysis and in supporting budget evaluation processes for multiple business areas.
- 1 year experience analyzing financial and accounting statements and recommending reallocations.
- 1 year experience developing financial statements and reports.
- Successful completion of security screening requirements of the BC Public Service, which may include a criminal records check, and/or Criminal Records Review Act (CRRA) check, and/or enhanced security screening checks as required by the ministry.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.