Financial Officer R18
This posting is for one permanent opportunity and one temporary opportunity until December 31, 2019
An eligibility list may be established.
A unique opportunity to apply your financial expertise in this exciting role
Within the Finance and Corporate Services Division, the Corporate Operations Support Branch is responsible for supporting the Service Delivery Division with finances and accounting data analysis. The Corporate Operations Branch delivers a range of services to the Service Delivery Division through four key business areas, including financial services & quality assurance; financial planning, reporting and forecasting; analysis and decision support and Business Planning & Financial Systems.
The purpose of this position is to provide financial analyst services to multiple programs, projects and/or business lines.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The BC Public Service is an inclusive and accessible employer. Please advise the hiring manager if any accommodations are required to assist you to ensure equitable participation.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Julie.Rosen@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree and enrollment in the CPA Professional Education Program (CPA PEP), or degree / diploma in the field of financial management.
Experience must include 3 or more of the following:
- Experience in conducting financial forecasts and analysis and in supporting budget evaluation.
- Experience preparing, developing, and monitoring budgets, supporting budget evaluation processes or contributing to the development of financial statements and reports. This may also include the development and monitoring of annual budgets.
- Experience implementing financial controls and working with financial systems to support procurement/ contract management processes and/or include experience supporting financial risk assessments.
- Experience providing customer service in a public facing role liaising with clients or other stakeholders to support financial related activities; this may include issues management in a financial environment or providing financial advice in a customer service role.
- Experience analyzing financial and accounting statements and recommending reallocations.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES – You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.