This posting is only open to current members of the Financial Officer 18 Inventory. If you are not a member of this inventory, please refer to the Applicant Inventories page for information about applying to be an inventory member.
Financial Planning and Corporate Performance Analyst
Financial Officer R18
An eligibility list may be established.
A unique opportunity to apply your financial expertise in this exciting role
The Finance branch provides a wide range of financial services to the corporation. The team coordinates business planning and budget preparation to support our operations as well as our strategic plan, and prepares a variety of financial reports and audited statements for both management and plan boards and advises as to their meaning. The Finance branch processes all vendor invoices and staff expense claims and handles all cash management for the organization. The team also provides purchasing and procurement advice and services.
The Financial Planning & Corporate Performance Analyst services Pension Corporation. The Financial Planning & Corporate Performance Analyst is a critical thinker who provides expert planning, accounting and data analysis, preparation of annual operating and capital budgets, analysis of financial performance.
In collaboration with senior leadership, supports divisional and project specific business planning and ensures completion of planned deliverables by testing and reporting results. Conducts proactive reporting and analysis of financial information; provides technical support in the development and maintenance of the corporate internal control framework for setting, measuring, analyzing and reporting on financial performance. Assesses and makes recommendations on the financial implications of new initiatives. Is the content expert on the corporate accounting and reporting system. Ensures compliance with financial and budgetary controls.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Toni MacBeth – firstname.lastname@example.org DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree in: business administration, commerce, public administration, accounting or financial management and a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience* in financial administration, OR
- Completion of a professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA, or CMA) and a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience* in financial administration, OR
- Enrolled or fully eligible for enrollment in the CPA Professional Education Program and a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience* in financial administration, OR
- Diploma or a minimum of a completion of the first two years of a degree in: business administration, commerce, public administration, accounting or financial management and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience* in financial administration; OR
- Minimum of Level 2 of the BC Public Service Financial Management Certificate Program and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience* in financial administration.
*Relevant experience in financial administration must include one or more of the following:
- Experience developing, implementing and interpreting financial policies and procedures.
- Experience preparing complex financial reports and/or financial schedules.
- Experience with financial analysis and forecasting, including variance analysis.
- Experience in preparing, developing and monitoring budgets.
- Experience preparing and modifying journal entries.
- Experience in implementing financial controls and working with financial systems.
- Experience auditing financial transactions and records and/or tax filings.
- Experience developing and preparing financial reconciliations.
Additional required experience:
- Experience in budget development and estimates preparation, financial planning and analysis, budget monitoring, and preparation of reports for management.
- Experience analyzing financial data for variances and trends and recommending remedial action.
- Experience working with and reporting to management.
- Experience managing relationships with senior level stakeholders and leading consultation sessions.
- Experience with MS-Office Suite (Word & Excel), financial management systems (AGRESSO), spreadsheet and database applications experience in data analysis.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter – NO
Resume – YES Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire – YES You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.