Team Lead, Accounting
Financial Officer R18
An eligibility list may be established.
Bring your brilliant leadership skills to this professional and results-focused environment
Serving the justice sector, the Corporate Management Services Branch (CMSB) strives to provide excellence in corporate services of both the Ministry of Attorney General and the Ministry of Public Safety & Solicitor General. CMSB provides central corporate services to all staff and branches/programs in the sector. We lead the preparation of budget submissions and financial reporting, and provide oversight, progress reports, and expert advice while performing day to day functions for our clients related to finances, strategic human resources, facilities (including Shared Services), communications and corporate risk and security.
We are the lead strategic link between our partners, government central agencies (Treasury Board staff, Office of the Comptroller General, and Office of the Chief Information Officer) and shared services agencies.
The Team Lead, Accounting supervises the Ministry’s accounting systems (accounts payable/accounts receivable); develops, implements and maintains ministry specific account processing procedures; and ensures the integrity and maintenance of related financial records. This position is client focused. They will provide direct supervision to multiple staff and will be responsible for leading, developing and engaging employees. The Team Lead will be responsible for identifying, planning and implementing key processes to improve quality, increase productivity and improve processing time, resulting in business improvements and customer satisfaction.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Travis Smith – firstname.lastname@example.org DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree in: business administration, commerce, public administration, accounting or financial management and a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience* in financial administration, OR
- Completion of a professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA, or CMA) and a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience* in financial administration, OR
- Enrolled or fully eligible for enrollment in the CPA Professional Education Program and a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience* in financial administration, OR
- Diploma or a minimum of a completion of the first two years of a degree in: business administration, commerce, public administration, accounting or financial management and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience* in financial administration; OR
- Minimum of Level 2 of the BC Public Service Financial Management Certificate Program and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience* in financial administration.
Relevant Experience* must include all of the following:
- Experience in the application of general finance and administration policies and processes.
- Experience with financial reporting.
- Experience with financial systems and controls including managing financial operations.
Additional Required Experience:
- Experience supervising staff, including providing performance feedback and employee development. Preference may be given for one (1) or more years of experience supervising staff. Preference may also be given to applicants who have supervised in a unionized environment.
- Experience developing reports for management.
Preference may be given for:
- Experience in CAS Oracle (Corporate Accounting System).
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: YES – A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Online Questionnaire: YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements..