Finance Business Process Analyst, Finance Wholesale
Financial Officer R21
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of the largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol in Canada, generating a net income of approximately $1.08 billion on annual sales of approximately $3.3 billion in fiscal 2016/17. LDB has a workforce of approximately 4,000 full and part-time employees, operates 197 retail stores across the province, oversees the operations of approximately 220 Rural Agency Stores and has the role of wholesaler to approximately 700 private liquor retail outlets and 10,000 licensed establishments. The LDB is also responsible for distribution of non-medical cannabis including wholesale, e-commerce and brick and mortar stores.
The LDB is a unique government entity that operates with similar independence to a Crown Corporation under the direction of a General Manager and CEO.
In February 2018, the LDB was assigned to distribute, wholesale and sell non-medicinal cannabis inclusive of a government owned online channel with a mandate to support government’s key priorities of protecting children and youth, ensuring health and safety standards, and keeping the criminal element out of the supply chain.
The Finance Business Process Analyst conducts Finance business operations projects, smaller initiatives, process improvements and operational break-fix work to enhance the alignment between the business requirements and operational processes/systems. The Finance Business Process Analyst collaborates with clients, colleagues and IT professionals to design, fine tune, implement, and trouble-shoot project, initiatives, and process improvement implementations.
The Finance Business Process Analyst also work with the functional and operational staff to resolve technical issues and ensure the systems are performing to expectations and investigate new or unused software application features for fit and applicability to business needs.
An eligibility list for permanent or temporary future opportunities may be established. A criminal record check is required.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications, and competencies. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Please note that a cover letter is a requirement for this competition.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Elena Perlova, Finance Director, Wholesale at 604-252-2998. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
Visit Careers at: www.bcldb.com
Education & Experience:
- Canadian professional accounting designation (CPA) and is a member in good standing. Note: If your designation was obtained from outside of Canada, you will need to confirm it has been assessed for equivalency through an applicable Canadian Accounting Association.
- Recent experience leading financial projects, preferred.
- Recent experience using and working with a complex, integrated ERP system with a focus on systems integration and process/data flows between systems.
- Recent experience conducting projects/initiatives to improve operational processes related to the financial management aspects and working closely with clients to identify operational requirements and developing documentation to guide the configuration and development of new business processes and/or technology solutions.
- Experience working with Visio or flow charting software, preferred.
Experience in a large distributed retail or wholesale business, preferred
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Accounting standards (e.g. GAAP, IFRS); financial/accounting principles, best practices, systems and controls
- Project management, risk management, operations management, business analysis
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including: Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Comprehensive knowledge of complex and integrated ERP solutions
Skills and Abilities:
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Superior attention to detail and numeracy skills
- Superior interpersonal/organizational/analytical skills
- Ability to achieve deadlines within tight timelines while managing multiple priorities
- Ability to lead development and implementation of operational policies, procedures and guidelines
- Extensive ability to apply analytical skills to develop business process documentation and flow charting techniques and concepts.