Financial Officer 21
An eligibility list may be established.
Apply your forest sector knowledge & experience to conduct ministry revenue forecasting and reporting
The Timber Pricing Branch is mandated under the Ministry of Forest and Range Act to assert the financial interests of the Crown in its forest and range resources in a systematic and equitable manner. The Branch is responsible for timber pricing, measurement, billing, revenue reporting and forecasting, and policies related to revenue oversight. The Branch manages multiple complex revenue information technology systems that must be maintained and modified to ensure that the government forest revenues are billed in a timely and accurate manner.
As Revenue Analyst, you are responsible for providing accurate forestry revenue information for monthly, quarterly, and fiscal year end reports and preparing the Ministry’s multi-year forest revenue forecasts and forecast revisions. You conduct budget monitoring, analysis, reporting and projections and ad hoc revenue related enquiries and are comfortable working with short and changing time frames. An analytical thinker and detail oriented you develop and maintain a comprehensive suite of statistical data and reports on broad economic and forest industry data. Acutely aware of the subject matter, you are discerning, able to see beyond the obvious, detect abnormalities and anticipate emerging trends.
If you are passionate and care about doing quality analysis, we encourage your application.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Ryan.Midgley@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience requirements as outlined below:
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA) or university degree in applicable field (such as Accounting, Finance, Commerce, Economics or Statistics). An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered (ie. Financial Management Certificate Program).
- Minimum 4 years experience in the application of general finance, administration policies and processes, financial reporting, and financial systems and controls.
- A minimum of 2 years experience analyzing financial data for variances and trends and preparing account reconciliations and period adjustments
- A minimum of 1 year experience in financial planning and analysis, budget monitoring, and preparation of reports for executive staff.
- Experience researching, analysing, interpreting and evaluating complex data.
- Experience preparing written reports, analysis, briefing notes, presentations and other documentation.
- Intermediate level of experience with Excel preparing and working with complex spreadsheets, pivot tables, charts and graphs.
- Preference may be given to applicants with in depth experience with CAS (Corporate Accounting System)
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: YES – A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES – You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.