Social Impact Program Functional Specialist
Financial Officer R21
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of two branches of Government responsible for the wholesale distribution and retail sale of beverage alcohol and non-medical cannabis. In 2018/19 the LDB recorded gross sales of $3.6 billion, generating a net income of $1.104 billion that supported vital public services including health care and education. It has a workforce of approximately 4600 full- and part-time employees working across 197 BC Liquor Stores, two BC Cannabis Stores (online and stand alone), a Head Office, three Wholesale Customer Centres and three Distribution Centres. The LDB is led by a General Manager and CEO who is responsible for administering the Liquor Distribution Act and the Cannabis Distribution Act, subject to direction from the Minister. As part of BC’s mixed-model retail system for liquor and non-medical cannabis, the LDB is committed to providing customers with an enhanced shopping environment, an expansive product selection and a high level of service.
The Social Impact Program Functional Specialist is responsible for managing and coordinating activities related to the LDB’s social impact program. This position conducts research and analysis of business, operations and other requirements, prepares business cases, and provides options and recommendations related to social impact initiatives, programs and processes.
The Social Impact Program Functional Specialist collaborates with colleagues, internal and external clients, and IT professionals to design, fine-tune, implement and trouble-shoot projects, initiatives and process improvement implementations related to social impact and environmental initiatives.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications, and competencies. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
A criminal record check is required. An eligibility list for permanent or temporary future opportunities may be established. This position is excluded from union membership.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted. For more information about how to create or update your profile, please refer to the How to Apply section below.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Renate Coyle, HR Advisor, Talent & Compensation by phone at 604 252-8509For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
Visit Careers at: www.bcldb.com
Education & Experience:
- Social responsibility and/or environmental initiatives principles and best practices.
- Project management, risk management, operational management, business analysis
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including: Excel including writing Macros, Word, Power point and Visio.
Skills and Abilities:
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Superior attention to detail and numeracy skills.
- Superior interpersonal/organizational/analytical skills.
- Ability to achieve deadlines within tight timelines while managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to lead development and implementation of operational policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Extensive ability to apply analytical skills to develop business process documentation and flow charting techniques and concepts.