Wholesale Operations Business Process Analyst, R21, Vancouver, Regular/Full Time
Salary – $56,478.64 – $64,337.78 annually
We have one Permanent and one Temporary vacancy for this opportunity
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch is one of Canada’s largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol. At the Liquor Distribution Branch we are driven by innovation and have a passion for the future and are looking for a dynamic professional to join our team.
The Wholesale Business Process Analyst conducts Wholesale business operations projects, smaller initiatives, process improvements and operational break-fix work to enhance the alignment between the business requirements and operational processes/systems. The Wholesale Business Process Analyst collaborates with clients, colleagues and IT professionals to design, fine tune, implement, and trouble-shoot projects, initiatives, and process improvement implementations.
The Wholesale Business Process Analyst also work with the functional and operational staff to resolve technical issues and ensure the systems are performing to expectations and investigate new or unused software application features for fit and applicability to business needs.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Please note that a cover letter is a requirement for this competition.
An eligibility list may be established. A criminal record check is required.
If this is your first time applying to the BC Public Service, visit the Resources for Applicants page for tips on creating a profile, searching for job opportunities, and applying to postings.
For more information about how to create or update your profile, please refer to the How to Apply section below.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Renate Coyle, HR Advisor, Talent & Compensation by phone at 604 252 3407. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
Visit Careers at: www.bcldb.com
Education & Experience:
- 3 years experience in supply chain equivalent education/experience
- Experience using and working with a complex, integrated ERP system with a focus on systems integration and process/data flows between systems
- Experience conducting projects/initiatives to improve operational processes related to the supply chain operational management aspects and working closely with clients to identify operational requirements and developing documentation to guide the configuration and development of new business processes and/or technology solutions
- Experience working with Visio or flow charting software
- Experience leading supply chain projects, preferred
- Experience in a large distributed retail or wholesale business, preferred
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered
- Supply chain principles, best practices, systems and controls
- Project management, risk management, operations management, business analysis
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Comprehensive knowledge of complex and integrated ERP solutions
Skills and Abilities:
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Superior attention to detail and numeracy skills
- Superior interpersonal/organizational/analytical skills
- Ability to achieve deadlines within tight timelines while managing multiple priorities
- Ability to lead development and implementation of operational policies, procedures and guidelines
- Extensive ability to apply analytical skills to develop business process documentation and flow charting techniques and concepts