- Alberta NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
FO 24R – Financial Analyst, Taxation
FO 24R – Financial Analyst, Taxation – (50407)
Posting Title: FO 24R – Financial Analyst, Taxation
Position Classification: Financial Officer R24
Location: Vancouver, BC V8W 2S8 CA (Primary)
Salary Range: $61,665.45 – $70,367.02 annually
Close Date: 5/22/2018
Job Type: Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
Ministry/Organization: BC Public Service -> Attorney General
Ministry Branch / Division: BC Liquor Distribution Branch
Financial Analyst Taxation
Regular, Full-Time – Vancouver
FO R24/ $61,665.45 – $70,367.02 per annum plus a 6.6% temporary market adjustment for having CPA designation
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch is one of Canada’s largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol. At the Liquor Distribution Branch we are driven by innovation and have a passion for the future and are looking for a dynamic professional to join our team.
The Financial Analyst, Taxation provides a variety of taxation-related financial services and contributes to the LDB’s tax planning, control and management strategies. The Financial Analyst, Taxation applies professional accounting expertise and knowledge of taxation to ensure LDB financial transactions are compliant with regulatory requirements.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications, and competencies. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Please note that a cover letter is a requirement for this competition. A criminal record check is required. An eligibility list for temporary and permanent future opportunities may be established.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
Contact: Elaine Low, Director Corporate Finance
Phone: 604 252 3158
Visit Careers at: www.bcliquorstores.com
I certify that all information submitted is true, complete and correct. I understand that any information provided by me in my application, any assessment documents or processes and/or an interview that is found to be false or misrepresented in any respect, may eliminate me from further consideration for employment or may result in my dismissal.
Education and Experience:
- Current professional accounting designation (i.e. CA, CPA, CGA, CMA)
- Minimum of three years of recent, related experience as a taxation analyst, providing advice and recommendations regarding all aspects of taxation and preparing tax-related financial transactions, reconciliations and reports.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered
- Customs and excise acts, and both federal and provincial taxes.
- Accounting standards (e.g. GAAP, International Financial Reporting Standards [IFRS] and interpretation bulletins)
- Financial reporting, reconciliation, variance analysis and best practices
- Tax planning, analysis, compliance, risk management, and reporting.
- Financial computer software programs, analysis and reporting tools (see: Tools/equipment)
- Superior written and oral communication skills and attention to detail when communicating
- Superior interpersonal/organizational/analytical skills
- Ability to achieve deadlines within tight timelines while managing multiple priorities
- Ability to communicate complex information in a manner than can be understood by the audience
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: