Lead, Budgets and Forecasting
Financial Officer R24
Regular Full-Time/ Vancouver
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of the largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol in Canada, generating a net income of approximately $1.08 billion on annual sales of approximately $3.3 billion in fiscal 2016/17. LDB has a workforce of approximately 4,000 full and part-time employees, operates 197 retail stores across the province, oversees the operations of approximately 220 Rural Agency Stores and has the role of wholesaler to approximately 700 private liquor retail outlets and 10,000 licensed establishments.
The LDB is a unique government entity that operates with similar independence to a Crown Corporation under the direction of a General Manager and CEO.
The Lead, Budgets and Forecasting provides budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis and reporting services to Corporate division clients and also contributes to the management of LDB-wide planning processes, including budget rollouts. The Lead works with a wide network of internal and external contacts and leads a team of financial analysts.
The Lead applies professional-level expertise financial planning to ensure the accurate and complete preparation of budgets, forecasts and reports within LDB and government-mandated timelines and parameters.
An eligibility list for permanent or temporary future opportunities may be established. A criminal record check is required.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications, and competencies. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Please note that a cover letter is a requirement for this competition.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Elaine Low by phone at 604 252 3158 .For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
Visit Careers at: www.bcldb.com
- Mandatory: Current professional accounting designation (i.e. CPA, CA, CGA, CMA)
Recent, Related Experience:
Minimum of three years of recent (within the last five years), related experience:
- As a financial manager, leading financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting for a line of business, preferably in a wholesale/retail distribution environment
- Providing expert advice and recommendations to improve financial stewardship and transaction services
- Leading and managing employees
- Developing and/or maintaining financial modelling
Preference may be given to those candidates’ with 2 years of recent, related experience in the beverage alcohol industry/supply chain
- Accounting standards (e.g. GAAP, International Financial Reporting Standards [IFRS] and interpretation bulletins)
- LDB’s operating environment, including relevant federal/provincial legislation, regulations, policies (e.g. Liquor Distribution and Liquor Control and Licensing Acts and regulations, Customs, Excise and Duty Free Acts and regulations)
- Financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis, inventory management, and best practices
- Risk management, performance management, change leadership, project management
- Procurement, contract management, project management
- Human resource management strategies, principles and practices that foster engaged and productive employees
- Financial computer software programs, analysis and reporting tools (see: Tools/equipment)
- Superior written and oral communication skills and attention to detail when communicating
- Superior interpersonal/organizational/analytical skills
- Ability to achieve deadlines within tight timelines while managing multiple priorities
- Ability to manage the development and implementation of operational policies, procedures and guidelines
- Ability to communicate complex information in a manner than can be understood by the audience
- Ability to demonstrate leadership, inspire and provide strategic direction and continually improve client service