Senior Corporate Accountant
Financial Officer R24
Regular Full-Time/ Vancouver
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of the largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol in Canada, generating a net income of approximately $1.08 billion on annual sales of approximately $3.3 billion in fiscal 2016/17. LDB has a workforce of approximately 4,000 full and part-time employees, operates 197 retail stores across the province, oversees the operations of approximately 220 Rural Agency Stores and has the role of wholesaler to approximately 700 private liquor retail outlets and 10,000 licensed establishments.
The LDB is a unique government entity that operates with similar independence to a Crown Corporation under the direction of a General Manager and CEO.
The Senior Corporate Accountant provides advisory services in the development and monitoring of accounting frameworks; integrates the reporting of financial and operational results; and assesses and makes recommendations on the financial implications of new initiatives.
An eligibility list for permanent or temporary future opportunities may be established. A criminal record check is required.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications, and competencies. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Please note that a cover letter is a requirement for this competition.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Elaine Low Finance Director, Corporate by phone at 604-252-3158. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
Visit Careers at: www.bcldb.com
Mandatory: Current professional accounting designation (i.e. CPA, CA, CGA, CMA)
Recent, related, experience:
Minimum of three years of recent (within the last five years), related experience:
- Performing full cycle accounting, and period close activities including general ledger services; and providing financial advice and stewardship
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Excel and experience using standard office and accounting software
- Accounting standards (e.g. GAAP, IFRS); full cycle accounting, systems, controls and reporting
- Large ERP financial systems (Oracle preferred)
- Written and oral communication skills and attention to detail when communicating
- Excellent numeracy and the ability to accurately verify information, resolve discrepancies, and monitor/process financial transactions
- Able to manage multiple priorities and consistently produce results within timelines
- Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal clients and colleagues and other contacts while upholding the highest standards of tact, discretion and professionalism
- Advanced spreadsheet skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel) and able to use other standard office and accounting software
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to act and operate independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively