Financial Officer (Tax Audit) R24
An eligibility list may be established.
A unique opportunity to apply your financial expertise in this exciting role
The Tax Auditor is responsible for the planning and conducting of tax audits and other compliance initiatives under, and supporting administration of, one or more branch programs. Locations of audits may be within or outside the province. This position is also responsible for providing key advice and recommendations on establishing and updating assessment practices and procedures used by the branch to administer various tax statutes; keeping them relevant and current, to optimize both tax revenue to the province and customer service to our taxpayers.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The BC Public Service is an inclusive and accessible employer. Please advise the hiring manager if any accommodations are required to assist you to ensure equitable participation.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Sharon.Wong@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Must be a member in good standing with a professional accounting designation (CPA, CA;CPA, CGA; CPA, CMA; or CPA), issued by The Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada, AND
- Minimum of three years’ experience in accounting and /or auditing, including a minimum of one year of audit experience.
- Preference may be given to applicants that have:
- Experience in tax administration.
- Advanced MS Excel experience (exporting and importing data, working with various complex charts and tables, working with pivot tables and pivot charts, working with macros).
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Must be willing and able to maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must be willing and able to maintain a valid Canadian passport.
- Willingness to conduct field work which may include travel within and outside of the province or, in rare circumstances, outside the country.
- Successful completion of security screening requirements of the BC Public Service, which includes a criminal record check.
Cover letter required: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES – A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.