Finance Business Process Analyst, Finance Wholesale
Financial Officer (TMA) R21
$59,802.68 – $68,060.72 annually plus a 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment CPA designation
Regular Full time / Burnaby
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of two branches of Government responsible for the wholesale distribution and retail sale of beverage alcohol and non-medical cannabis. In 2018/19 the LDB recorded gross sales of $3.6 billion, generating a net income of $1.104 billion that supported vital public services including health care and education. It has a workforce of approximately 4600 full- and part-time employees working across 197 BC Liquor Stores, fifteen BC Cannabis Stores (online and stand alone), a Head Office, three Wholesale Customer Centres and three Distribution Centres. The LDB is led by a General Manager and CEO who is responsible for administering the Liquor Distribution Act and the Cannabis Distribution Act, subject to direction from the Minister. As part of BC’s mixed-model retail system for liquor and non-medical cannabis, the LDB is committed to providing customers with an enhanced shopping environment, an expansive product selection and a high level of service.
The Finance Business Process Analyst conducts finance business operations projects, smaller initiatives, process improvements and operational break-fix work to enhance the alignment between the business requirements and operational processes/systems. The Finance Business Process Analyst collaborates with clients, colleagues and IT professionals to design, fine tune, implement, and trouble-shoot project, initiatives, and process improvement implementations.
The Finance Business Process Analyst also work with the functional and operational staff to resolve technical issues and ensure the systems are performing to expectations and investigate new or unused software application features for fit and applicability to business needs.
An eligibility list may be established. A criminal record check is required.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications, and competencies. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Please note that a cover letter is a requirement for this competition.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Elena Perlova, Finance Director, Wholesale at firstname.lastname@example.org . For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca , before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
Visit Careers at: www.bcldb.com
Education & Experience:
- Canadian professional accounting designation (CPA) and is a member in good standing. Note: If your designation was obtained from outside of Canada, you will need to confirm it has been assessed for equivalency through an applicable Canadian Accounting Association.
- Recent experience using and working with a complex, integrated ERP system with a focus on systems integration and process/data flows between systems.
- Recent experience conducting projects/initiatives to improve operational processes related to the financial management aspects, working closely with clients to identify operational requirements and developing documentation to guide the configuration and development of new business processes and/or technology solutions.
- Recent experience leading financial projects, preferred.
- Experience working with Visio or flow charting software, preferred.
- Experience in a large distributed retail or wholesale business, preferred.
- Accounting standards (e.g. GAAP, IFRS); financial/accounting principles, best practices, systems and controls
- Project management, risk management, operations management, business analysis
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including: Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Comprehensive knowledge of complex and integrated ERP solutions
Skills and Abilities:
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Superior attention to detail and numeracy skills
- Superior interpersonal/organizational/analytical skills
- Ability to achieve deadlines within tight timelines while managing multiple priorities
- Ability to lead development and implementation of operational policies, procedures and guidelines
- Extensive ability to apply analytical skills to develop business process documentation and flow charting techniques and concepts.