Financial Management Consultant
Financial Officer (TMA) R21
An eligibility list may be established.
A unique opportunity to apply your financial expertise in this exciting role
Within the Finance and Corporate Services Division, the Corporate Operations Support Branch is responsible for supporting the Service Delivery Division with finances and accounting data analysis. The Corporate Operations Branch delivers a range of services to the Service Delivery Division through 4 key business areas, including facilities, assets and administration; financial operations and systems; financial reporting and forecasting; and analysis and decision support.
The Ministry of Children and Family Development provides services that support healthy, safe environments where children are connected to their family and community. To strengthen our business model, the Financial Reporting and Forecasting Unit within the Corporate Operations Support Branch provides leadership and guidance on daily operations to optimize the use and development of financial and corporate resources, maximize Ministry capacity and provide quality services to support improved outcomes for children, youth and families.
The Financial Management Consultant is responsible for providing expert advice to service delivery management in the planning, reporting, and analysis of financial information in the delivery of Ministry programs and services. The Financial Management Consultant also provides expenditure forecasting; implements accounting operations, financial controls,FIn operations auditing and ensures financial management practices are consistent with applicable legislation, quality assurance principles and Ministry core policies.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Sally1.Young@gov.bc.ca . DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Must be a member in good standing with a Professional Accounting Designation (CPA-CA, CPA-CGA or CPA-CMA) issued by the Chartered Professional Accounts; accompanied with a University Degree (or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered).
- Four years’ experience in progressively responsible financial and management accounting.
- Progressive experience in managing relationships at a senior management level in providing advice, recommended options, scenarios and developing risk analysis to support financial management decisions.
- Progressive experience interpreting complex legislation and conducting analytical research to support short and long term budget management and planning.
- Progressive experience developing and/or maintaining complex spreadsheets; preparing financial statements and reports and developing and maintaining budget and expenditure forecasting tools.
- Progressive experience in business case analysis and financial statement preparation and analysis.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
Cover Letter: YES – A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume required: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Online Questionnaire: YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.