Compliance Auditor, Finance Wholesale
Financial Officer R24
Temporary, Full-time – 12 month term
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch is one of Canada’s largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol. At the Liquor Distribution Branch we are driven by innovation and have a passion for the future and are looking for a dynamic professional to join our team.
The Compliance Auditor manages and conducts all aspects of the audit program for an assigned portfolio of audits. This includes developing the audit program framework, creating the annual audit plan, conducting and overseeing audits, and preparing related reports and schedules. The Compliance Auditor works with a wide network of internal and external contacts and supervises a team of compliance analysts and administrative staff.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications, and competencies. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
A criminal record check is required. An eligibility list for temporary future opportunities may be established.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted. For more information about how to create or update your profile, please refer to the How to Apply section below.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Michael Bhala, Finance Wholesale Senior Manager of Regulatory & Compliance by phone at 604 252-2979. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
Visit Careers at: www.bcldb.com
- Holds a Canadian professional accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA or CPA) and is a member in good standing. Note: If your designation was obtained from outside of Canada, you will need to confirm it has been assessed for equivalency through an applicable Canadian Accounting Association.
Recent, Related Experience:
- Minimum of two years of recent (within the last five years) experience conducting financial audits, preferably in a wholesale/distribution or regulatory environment
- One year recent experience supervising, or acting as a team-lead in a financial and administrative environment.
- Preference may be given to those candidates’ with two years of recent, related experience:
- as a financial audit professional in a regulatory compliance role
- distribution/supply chain or wholesale/retail operations
- Accounting standards (e.g. GAAP, International Financial Reporting Standards [IFRS] and interpretation bulletins)
- Wholesale supply chain management best practices, industry trends and advancements
- Risk management, performance management
- Procurement, contract management, project management
- Human resource management strategies, principles and practices that foster engaged and productive employees
- Financial computer software programs, analysis and reporting tools (see: Tools/equipment)
- Superior written and oral communication skills and attention to detail when communicating
- Superior interpersonal/organizational/analytical skills
- Ability to achieve deadlines within tight timelines while managing multiple priorities
- Ability to communicate complex information in a manner than can be understood by the audience