Senior Risk & Control Analyst
Financial Officer R24
Regular Full-Time/ Vancouver
There are two (2) vacancies for this opportunity.
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of the largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol in Canada, generating a net income of approximately $1.08 billion on annual sales of approximately $3.3 billion in fiscal 2016/17. LDB has a workforce of approximately 4,000 full and part-time employees, operates 197 retail stores across the province, oversees the operations of approximately 220 Rural Agency Stores and has the role of wholesaler to approximately 700 private liquor retail outlets and 10,000 licensed establishments.
The LDB is a unique government entity that operates with similar independence to a Crown Corporation under the direction of a General Manager and CEO.
The Senior Risk and Controls Analyst collaborates with senior management to identify and define financial control objectives; and provides advice, options and recommendations regarding all aspects of the LDB’s financial risk and controls framework and associated policies, procedures, performance and projects.
The Senior Analyst contributes to the development, implementation and maintenance of the LDB’s risks and controls framework, policies and procedures; contributes to process improvements; and provides a variety of risk mitigation-related services.
An eligibility list for permanent or temporary future opportunities may be established. A criminal record check is required.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications, and competencies. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Please note that a cover letter is a requirement for this competition.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Elaine Low by phone at 604-252-3158. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
Visit Careers at: www.bcldb.com
- Mandatory: Current professional accounting designation (IE. CA, CPA, CGA, CMA)
Recent, Related Experience:
- Minimum of three years of recent (within the last five years), related experience:
- As a risk management analyst developing and maintaining financial risk management controls and contributing to financial reporting process improvements; OR
- As an auditor, conducting internal/external audits.
- Providing expert advice and recommendations to improve financial controls and mitigate risks
- Accounting standards (e.g. GAAP, International Financial Reporting Standards [IFRS] and interpretation bulletins)
- Financial reporting, reconciliation, variance analysis and best practices
- Financial risk management, controls and process improvement
- Project management
- Large ERP financial systems (Oracle preferred)
- Superior written and oral communication skills and attention to detail when communicating
- Superior interpersonal/organizational/analytical skills
- Ability to achieve deadlines within tight timelines while managing multiple priorities
- Ability to manage the development and implementation of operational policies, procedures and guidelines
- Ability to communicate complex information in a manner than can be understood by the audience