Food Counter Attendant
Kabir Enterprises Ltd. dba Subway
428 Terminal Avenue, Vancouver, BC V6A 0C1
Salary: $12.65/Hourly for 40 hours/week
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: None
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: Food Counter Attendants, Kitchen Helpers and Related Occupations (6641)
NOC Job Title: Food Counter Attendant
Job Location(s): 428 Terminal Avenue, Vancouver, BC V6A 0C1
Subway Sandwich Artists (Food Counter Attendants) perform several duties during a typical shift such as:
• Greet and serve guests, prepare food, maintain food safety and sanitation standards, and handle or process light paperwork
• Exhibits a cheerful and helpful manner while greeting guests and preparing their orders.
• Uses Point of Sale system/cash register to record the order and compute the amount of the bill. Collects payment from guests and makes change.
• Take customers’ orders
• Clean, peel, slice and trim foodstuffs using manual and electric appliances
• Portion, assemble, and wrap food or place it directly on plates for service to patrons, and package take-out food
• Use equipment to prepare hot beverages such as coffee and tea specialties
• Serve customers at counter
• Stock refrigerators and salad bars and keep records of the quantities of food used
• Receive payment for food items purchased.
• Wash and peel vegetables and fruit
• Wash work tables, cupboards and appliances
• Remove trash and clean kitchen garbage containers
• Unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, cupboards and other storage areas
• Sweep and mop floors, and perform other duties to assist cook and kitchen staff.
• Clear and clean tables and trays in eating establishments
• Bring clean dishes, flatware and other items to serving areas and set tables
• Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots and pans using dishwasher or by hand
• Place dishes in storage area
Minimum Education: Completion of Secondary School is an asset but not mandatory. Experience: Previous experience in the similar position is an asset but not mandatory. On the job training will be provided.
Language: Strong communication skills in English are required.
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.): Not required
Communication, Working with others, Problem solving, Significant use of memory, Continuous learning.
Candidate should be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Free uniform and Free meal during working hours. As per BC Employment standards, 4% vacation pay of the gross salary will be paid each pay period with 10 days of unpaid vacation time annually or 10 days of paid vacation annually with no vacation pay on each pay period.
NOTE: Please mention the Job Title in the subject line while applying for the position.
How to apply
By Email: email@example.com
By Mail: ATTN: Kuldeep Dhillon 428 Terminal Avenue, Vancouver, BC V6A 0C1