61 Robie Street, Truro, NS
Job Title: Food Service Supervisor 1 vacancy -open immediately
Wage: $12.00 an hour , 40 hours a week
Benefits: Medical benefits
The kitchen supervisor plans and directs the activities related to the preparation and the cooking of the menu items and performs the same role as the cooks.
• Plans and directs the activities related to the preparation and the cooking of the food;
• Ensures that the quality of the food conforms to standards;
• Orders the food and supplies;
• Evaluates the requirements and the cost of the food;
• Evaluates the requirements and the cost of labour;
• Oversees the activities of the cooks and of the kitchen staff;
• Insures the maintenance of a good work environment;
• Recruits and hires personnel in conjunction with the manager or the franchisee;
• Explains the new recipes and the new equipment to the kitchen staff;
• Teaches the cooks to prepare, cook, garnish and present the food
• Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and food
• Schedule and supervise kitchen helpers
• Oversee kitchen operations
• Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
• May set up and oversee buffets
• May plan buffet/menus, determine size of food portions estimate food requirements
• and costs, and monitor and order supplies
• May hire and train kitchen staff.
• May clean kitchen and work area
• Ensure proper handling of raw beef and poultry products
• Ensure proper handling of gluten free products
• Ensure proper/Prepare donair, spaghetti and lasagna sauces
• Ensure proper/Prepare soups daily
• Ensure proper/Prepare dough daily
• Executes all other tasks as requested by the manager or the franchisee.
• This type of employment requires 1 to less than 2 years of experience as cook or as kitchen supervisor
• High school or equivalent
• The ability to quickly grasp the facts, an analytical mind, facility with numbers, and the
• ability to make decisions are required.
• A team spirit, collaboration, leadership and effective communication skills are required.
• Confidence, integrity, stress management skills, dynamic personality energy, autonomy
• initiative, availability, flexibility and a focus on quality and organization are required.
How to apply: Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org