A rapidly growing café and grocery store is looking to hire a Food Service Supervisor. They are to perform the following duties:
- Supervise and work with staff who prepare food and beverages
- Monitor inventory and order fresh ingredients for preparation
- Establish and maintain procedure and schedules
- Record sales and inventory weekly and manage a detailed waste list
- Ensure all staff are up to date on all sanitation, food safe, and safety procedures
- Monitor daily correct preparation of all food and beverage made on the premises and ensure all special diet needs are met such as gluten free and vegan requests
- Ensure that all food and beverage meet all of our standards
Terms of Employment: Full Time position
Wages: $13.00 per hour
Benefits: Vacation pay and employee discount
Location of Work: 799 Keefer Street, Vancouver, BC V6A 1Y6, Canada
Education: Hospitality Diploma from College
Work Experience and Skills:
- Minimum two years barista experience working in a cafe, coffee shop, or restaurant.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Food Safe Level 1 Certified.
- Level II & III Advance Barista Training Certified.
- Must speak English.
- Must be able to work overtime, including weekends, evenings and special events as needed.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
- This position will require frequent standing and use of hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs and frequently bend and twist from the waist.
- Frequently required to use hand and finger motions, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to adjust vision to both day and night lighting, and be able to focus on distant and close-range projects. Regularly required to handle food, hot beverages, and work with sharp objects.
- Must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills.