Food Service Supervisor
$14.00/hour for 40 hours a week. Overtime applicable after 40 hours.
Number of positions available
Food service supervisor is responsible for the daily operation of our restaurant. You will direct staff to ensure that customers are satisfied with their dining experience and the business is profitable.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of staff who prepare, portion and serve food
- Estimate and order ingredients and supplies required for meal preparation
- Establish work schedules and procedures
- Maintain records of stock, repairs, sales and wastage
- Train staff in job duties, and sanitation and safety procedures
- Ensure that food and service meet quality control standards
- Participate in the selection of food service staff and assist in the development of policies, procedures and budgets
- Plan menus and determine related food costs
- Assist in selection of food service staff and development of budgets
- Comply with health and food safety standards and regulations
- Other duties as assigned by the restaurant manager
Education: High school
Experience: Completion of a community college program in food service administration, hotel and restaurant management or related discipline
Several years of experience in food preparation or service are required.
Terms of Employment
Permanent, Full Time
As we are busier at the weekends, availability at the weekends and for extended hours would be an asset
Anticipated start date
As soon as possible (at latest in 3 months)
Skills & Personal suitability
- Leadership skills
- Detail oriented
- Business and organizational skills
- Customer service and problem-solving abilities
SDL Restaurants Ltd DBA Nando’s
Food Court at Metropolis, Metrotown
Burnaby, BC V5H 4J2
Why join Nandos?
We have a saying at Nando’s and it’s simply this: “Nando’s is not just about the chicken. It’s never been just about the chicken. It’s about the people who make the chicken.” Inspired by our adventurous spirit and our values, passion, courage, integrity and family, our Nandocas (the name for people who work at Nando’s) are like a big, extended family. Welove the fact that everyone is different – which is why everyone is welcome at our table and to join our organization!
How to apply