|Posting ID :
|Apply By :
|Position Title :
||Food Services Associate
|Job Type :
|Position Summary :
At Laurier, we are a community. It’s what brings our students here and what keeps our people here. As an educational institution, we inspire lives of leadership and purpose in our student community. As an employer, we seek, foster and value the same qualities of leadership and purpose in our community. Within Food Services, our commitment is to provide the highest quality foods, prepared right in front of your eyes by friendly, energetic people in an open and relaxing atmosphere.
This position involves interacting with the public in a friendly and efficient manner, while delivering quick, accurate and clean service using a team approach. Employees must adhere to food standards and health and safety practices. This position requires the incumbent to stand continuously, moving around the kitchen or service area and possibly in and out of freezers and/or refrigerators. The work environment can be warm, noisy and occasionally crowded.
The Food Services operation is a seven day a week operation and you may be occasionally required to work outside your regularly scheduled work hours. This position is subject to lay-off in December, reading weeks and mid-April to September every year.
This is a part time position, with a maximum of twenty-four (24) paid hours per week and a maximum of eight (8) paid hours per day. This position is represented by the United Food and Commercial Workers Canada (UFCW) bargaining unit.
Food Preparation and Cooking
- Store, stock, wash, cut and cook products for recipes
- Prepare customized food and/or beverage items for customer
- Organize equipment, including the merchandising of station
- Keep station clean, neat and organized, practicing safe and sanitary preparation and service techniques
- Keep accurate production records and adhere to health and safety practices
Position may include operating:
- Induction cooking equipment
- Coffee and cappuccino machines
- Follow the “WEST” model for customer service (welcome, engage, smile and thank you) while taking orders and requests
- Interact with customers at station and exceed their service expectations
Policies and Procedures
- Follow and adhere to all food services policies and procedures, including, but not limited to:
- FIFO and Day Dot practices
- Food temperature checks
- Quality checking (i.e. expiration dates)
- Adhere to all government/University policies and legislation, including but not limited to:
- Food Safety and Sanitation
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Workers Compensation
- Employment Standards
- Human Rights and Labour Law and Harassment
- Position may include maintaining Franchise standards (Starbucks, Subway, Tim Hortons, et.)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Team orientated
- Continuously striving for improvement
- Previous experience in a food service operation is beneficial
- Knowledge of industrial cooking equipment or coffee equipment is preferred
- Ability to lift 10 – 30 pounds
||$15.99 per hour
|Please Note :
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Wilfrid Laurier University endeavors to fill positions with qualified candidates who have a combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position while demonstrating Laurier’s Employee Success Factors.
Diversity and creating a culture of inclusion is a key pillar of Wilfrid Laurier University’s Strategic Academic Plan and is one of Laurier’s core values. Laurier is committed to increasing the diversity of faculty and staff and welcomes applications from candidates who identify as Indigenous, racialized, having disabilities, and from persons of any sexual identities and gender identities. Indigenous candidates who would like to learn more about equity and inclusive programing at Laurier are welcomed to contact the Office of Indigenous Initiatives at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates from other equity seeking groups who would like to learn more about equity and inclusive programing at Laurier are welcomed to contact Equity and Accessibility at email@example.com. We have strived to make our application process accessible however if you require any assistance applying for a position or would like this job posting in an alternative format, please contact Human Resources at 519-884-1970 ext.2007 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: