Food Services Supervisor
Classification: Administrative Assistant 3
Full-Time Regular Position
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Aboriginal learners and mature students.
The Position: Working under the direction of the UCN Thompson Campus Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the food services franchise, be accountable for and delivery of all requirements outlined under the franchise agreement, hiring of staff, budgeting, ordering and scheduling; this individual will also work as part of the Thompson administrative team and be required to assist with backup duties as required.
- Extensive experience working in the food services industry
- Experience scheduling and supervision
- Extensive experience working with budgets and financial reports
- Experience handling cash and balancing daily receipts
- Customer service experience
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills Excellent communication skills
- Personal experience and/or knowledge of Aboriginal cultures
- The ability to speak an Aboriginal language
- Knowledge of the Public Health Act or be willing to learn
- Knowledge of the Sanitation Code prepared by the Canadian Restaurant Association or be willing to be trained
- Experience with Point of Sale Systems (POS) or cash registers
Applicants must demonstrate on their resume how they meet the qualifications.
Applicants are asked to provide a cover letter, resume, three letters of reference, and copies of transcripts with their application.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Individual must be able to work flexible hours, including possibly weekends and evenings
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Aboriginal candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Competition Number: 17-031
Closing Date: May 29, 2017
Salary Range: $22.44 to $25.56 hourly, plus remoteness allowance
Apply to: University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 3000
The Pas MB R9A 1M7
Fax: (204) 623-4414
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred format)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba).
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca.