Posting Title: FORE-R 16R – Operations Supervisor, Foreman, Afternoon – AMENDED CLOSE DATE
Position Classification: Foreman (RSW) R16
Location: Vancouver, BC V8W 2S8 CA (Primary)
Salary Range: $49,000.92 – $55,568.90 annually
Close Date: 10/8/2018
Job Type: Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
Ministry/Organization: BC Public Service -> Liquor Distribution Branch
Ministry Branch / Division: BC Liquor Distribution Branch
Operations Supervisor, Foreman, Afternoon Shift – AMENDED CLOSE DATE
Foreman (RSW) 16R
Vancouver, Regular, Full Time
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch is one of Canada’s largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol. At the Liquor Distribution Branch we are driven by innovation and have a passion for the future and are looking for a dynamic professional to join our team.
Under the direction of the Manager, this position schedules and supervises a large workforce of up to 150 regular, part- time and auxiliary employees in a 24 hour per day operation. The Operations Supervisor group is responsible for leading the day to day operations and making timely decisions to ensure the efficient management of all Distribution operational areas including: Receiving, Put-a-Way, Order Picking, Checking, Shipping and Inventory Control of liquor product for all Wholesale customers including BCLS, LRS, RAS, Duty Free, wine stores and hospitality.
This position provides front-line leadership with respect to Occupational Health & Safety, Employee Labour Relations, Attendance Management and Customer Service in a manner consistent with the goals and business objectives of the BC Liquor Distribution Branch.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Please note that a cover letter is a requirement for this competition.
An eligibility list may be established.
Please also note that in 2018 we will be moving our distribution center to 7003 72nd Street, Delta. The successful candidate must be willing to work in a multi-shift facility.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Daniel Collingwood by phone at 604-252-3378. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
Visit Careers at: www.bcldb.com
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of two years’ experience utilizing a Warehouse Management system in a complex distribution/warehouse environment with emphasis on functions such as shipping, receiving, assembly and inventory control.
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience assigning, monitoring and examining work of assigned employees for accuracy and quality; evaluating work performance and maintaining schedules.
- Experience in a union environment.
- Completion of supervisory course, preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft and Oracle applications, preferred.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of a Warehouse Order Management System (as used in a large distribution centre) based on Radio Frequency technology to plan, organize, monitor and evaluate all aspects of warehouse operations including inventory control and management.
- Knowledge of a distribution department’s integrated workflows from various areas such as shipping, receiving, assembly and inventory control.
- Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety and the WorkSafeBC regulations
Skills and Abilities:
- Well developed written and oral communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a diverse team where productive relationships are developed and maintained.
- Excellent analytical and judgement abilities.
- Proven ability to multi-task and work well under pressure to meet operational deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgement, tact and diplomacy with internal and external parties.