Levcon Construction Ltd. is seeking an exceptional Forming Carpenter that loves building beautiful concrete. The tougher the challenge the more excited you get. You love being on the tools, and are a natural leader. You are happy to work outside year round. Please check out our website www.levcon.ca
It’s a full-time, permanent position, 40 hours/week, $27.00 – $28.00/h – depending on experience. 4% paid vacation. Our benefits include extended medical/dental care, profit share after 3 months, paid tuition of Carpentry Apprenticeship after 1 year. We offer great opportunity to advance and build a career in a successful and growing company that is in a high growth phase.
Start date: As soon as possible.
Work location: Various locations in Vancouver Mainland
As a Forming Carpenter you will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Study specifications in blueprints, sketches or building plans to construct retaining walls, water features, stairs etc.;
- Formwork for stairs, walls, retaining walls, foundations, architectural concrete;
- Assemble and fasten materials to make framework or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue;
- Assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials;
- Measure, cut, or shape wood and other materials;
- Measure and mark cutting lines on materials, using ruler, pencil, chalk, and marking gauge;
- Install, repair, and/or renovate structures and fixtures using carpenter’s hand and power tools;
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment;
- Train, supervise and support team members to build a positive and cohesive team environment.
- Must have completed high school or equivalent;
- Must have at least 2 years of experience as a Forming Carpenter preferably in high end residential construction.
- Presentable, professional and with excellent work ethic;
- Strong attention to detail and focus on quality finished product;
- Stable work history with demonstrated commitment to past employers and able to provide professional references upon request.
- Position is physically demanding;
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision;
- Must be able to work under pressure of tight deadlines; at heights, in confined, noisy, and/or dusty spaces;
- Must be able to handle heavy loads;
- Must be able to work, day, evening, shift, weekend, overtime;
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English;
- Must have excellent problem solving, decision making, job task planning and organizing skills;
- Must have own steel-toed boots and hard hat.