LOOKING FOR A PERMANENT, FULL TIME NANNY IN THE CITY OF TORONTO FOR A ONE YEAR OLD AND FIVE YEAR OLD.
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday-Friday (Saturday and Sunday OFF)
8:30AM – 5:00PM
40-44 hours of work per week
As soon as possible
Public Transportation available – travel expenses to be paid by employer (metropass)
**Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live in basis (Note: this is NOT a condition of employment).
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
– 1-2 years professional relevant work experience as a nanny
– Spoken and written English required
– Must have a high school graduation certificate or equivalent
– Certificate required in CPR and/or First Aid
– Must be warm, loving, kind and genuinely fond of working with children
– Must be flexible, organized, reliable, honest, trustworthy, punctual and show initiative
– Must be comfortable working in a home with a child who has allergies
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Maintain a clean, safe and healthy environment at home
– Assume full responsibility for household in absence of parents
– Bathe, dress and feed children, discipline children according to methods requested of parents, keep records of daily activities of children, assist in personal hygiene and social development, organize activities and playdates for children, prepare and serve nutritious meals, supervise and care for children, take children to and from school, prepare children for rest period, shop for food and household supplies at local store, travel with family on trips, as required, perform light housekeeping and cleaning including washing and ironing clothing and linens.
CAREGIVER CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE:
– Detailed and up-to-date resume
– References from previous employers
– Recent police clearance (criminal record check and child abuse registry check)
HOW TO APPLY:
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.