Job Title: Fundraising & Development Manager
Reports To: Executive Director and serves as a member of the Senior Leadership team
The Fundraising & Development Manager is responsible for leading the development and execution of the fundraising strategy and annual plans. This includes researching, identifying and connecting with potential corporate partners and building strong relationships to increase donor support with corporate partners, volunteers, stakeholders, community organizations and the not for profit community, as well as leading and coordinating fundraising events on behalf of Food Matters Manitoba.
- Lead and manage Food Matters Manitoba’s overall development efforts to increase annual budget.
- Develop department’s budget and operate within approved budget with sensitivity to cash flow.
- Ensure fiscal and program accountability through regular consultations with Senior Leadership team.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationship with donors.
- Participate in the strategy development for Capital Campaign.
- Oversee organization and development of fund raising events.
- Lead the development of short and long term fundraising strategies.
- Research, develop and write grant and fundraising proposals and applications.
- Manage, organize and facilitate annual fundraising events by developing annual project plans, overseeing communications and event marketing and securing sponsors, donors, participants, and volunteers.
- Facilitate partnerships with outside organizations to implement external special events and peer-to-peer fundraising, including recognition and appreciation of donors.
- Identify, contact and respond to new corporate and individual donors, aligned with the strategy, and qualifying those donors.
- Increase reach and donations through annual appeal and online campaigns.
- In collaboration with the Communications Manager, build and maintain donor relations with targeted communications, events and recognition programs.
- Work closely with the Executive Director, the Development Committee and Senior Leadership team to increase the organization’s profile and reputation within the donor community.
- Other activities deemed appropriate by the Executive Director that will promote and enhance fundraising and event profile throughout Manitoba.
Experience and Qualifications:
The Fundraising & Development Manager needs excellent communication and relationship management skills, both verbal and written. They need to be good at researching and devising strategies and opportunistically taking advantage of donation possibilities. The Fundraising & Development Manager must be adept at people management, building long-term relationships with potential donors and volunteers and persuasively explaining the organization’s cause. The ability to manage budgets and hit fundraising targets is important, as are organizational and IT skills. An interest in, and commitment to, the cause is essential.
Minimum of a post-secondary degree/diploma in fundraising and event management with a concentration in the not for profit sector or community organization or an equivalent combination of education and experience. At least 3 to 5 years’ experience in developing fundraising programs and managing fundraising events and a successful track record of achievement for a not-for-profit organization.
In addition, candidate will offer:
- Successful track record of developing strong relationships with corporate partners, donors, volunteers and community organizations.
- Significant experience in event management, including planning, organizing, promoting and securing sponsorship.
- Donor stewardship and development through a variety of channels, including online campaigns, legacy giving, and major gifts.
- Strong research, problem-solving, priority-setting and decision-making skills.
- Superior computer skills, including advanced working knowledge of donor database management software (Giftworks/Sumac) and Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- Reliable, hard-working and committed, with a ‘can do’ attitude – displays dedication and accountability, and follows through on all projects.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive designations an asset.
Interested candidate may reply in complete confidence by submitting a resume with salary expectations by May 26, 2017 to: email@example.com
No phone inquiries accepted from candidates or recruiting agencies. We appreciate your interest, however only candidates selected for interviews will be notified.