A rare opportunity to work in a senior level position at one of Canada’s leading arts organizations
imagineNATIVE is currently accepting applications for a Fundraising Director
We are looking for a dynamic individual to lead our private sector fundraising and development initiatives. Now entering our 19th year, imagineNATIVE is a registered charity that presents the annual imagineNATIVE Film + Media Arts Festival, the imagineNATIVE Film + Video Tour, and numerous artistic activities nationally and internationally. We recently launched the imagineNATIVE Institute that focuses on the professional development of Indigenous screen content creators and industry advancement. We are at an exciting and pivotal juncture in our history and we are seeking a passionate, committed fundraiser to oversee our private sector fundraising department (corporate, foundations, community, and donations). Located in a beautiful arts-focused building at 401 Richmond Street West in Toronto, imagineNATIVE is a world leader committed to the development and promotion of Indigenous screen content creators and their work. This is an amazing opportunity to be a part of one of Canada’s most successful arts organizations and one of the leaders in Toronto’s vibrant independent film festival scene.
Manage all aspects of fundraising and development, including:
- Solicit and secure cash donations and sponsorships from corporations, foundations, community organizations, and individual donors in keeping with strategies and policies to achieve annual targets;
- Negotiate agreements with sponsors and ensure deliverables are met;
- Develop and regularly update development goals and direction, including new sponsor, foundation, and donor targets and sponsor and donation levels;
- Stewardship: maintain current and build new relationships with corporate, foundation, and other private sector partners;
- Implement and stay on top of current fundraising trends and strategies (with a focus on the private sector);
- Research new funding possibilities, diversifying where possible;
- Manage, update and disseminate the fundraising timeline (application/reporting deadlines);
- Write private sector proposals/decks and any interim/final reports;
- Manage and oversee fundraising staff and their targets;
- Build and oversee Sponsor experience at Festival and other relevant events;
- Liaise with the Charities Directorate;
- Develop and maintain sponsorship and foundations database;
- Review and revise annually the individual donor and sponsorship packages;
- Participate in board committees as necessary;
- Prepare monthly reports to the board, as necessary;
- Conduct an annual evaluation (post-mortem);
- Participate in job evaluations, as necessary;
- Other duties and general assistance as required or assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven track record in fundraising and development;
- Excellent writing (samples of proposal and/or grant writing will be required if chosen for an interview);
- Excellent communication, analytical, and motivational skills,
- High level of professionalism, empathy, and ability to interface with senior-level professionals and junior-level colleagues;
- A working understanding and awareness of current fundraising trends and strategies and the ability to apply them practically to achieve fundraising goals (such as Moves Management);
- Ability to work independently and manage a number of projects in a deadline-driven environment;
- Knowledge of the independent arts landscape in Canada is an asset; and,
- Knowledge of the landscape of Indigenous media arts in Canada is an asset.
Deadline: Friday, February 23, 2018 at 5:00pm
Apply via email to employment@imagineNATIVE.org
You may direct the correspondence to the attention of the Hiring Committee, imagineNATIVE Film + Media Arts Festival, 401 Richmond St. West, Suite 446, Toronto, ON, M5V 3A8
Please send your CV/resume and cover letter as a PDF file
Please write Fundraising Director in the subject line
We encourage candidates of Indigenous ancestry to apply.
For more information about imagineNATIVE, please visit our website, www.imaginenative.org. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.