Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Contractors and Supervisors, Heavy Construction Equipment Crews (7217)
NOC Job Title: General Construction Supervisor
Surrey, British Columbia
• Supervise sub-contractors by selecting and evaluating them as well as monitoring and controlling their performance.
• Travel to and supervise multiple sites during the course of a day.
• Accomplish project goals by defining scope and purpose of the project, determining required resources, allocating resources, establishing protocols and standards, scheduling staff, resolving design problems, evaluating deadline estimates and adjusting as needed, and implementing change orders.
• Supervisor will be responsible for hiring, training, scheduling, assigning, coaching and disciplining employees.
• Meet construction budget by providing capital budget and annual operating information, identifying variances, and monitoring project expenses.
• Meet operational standards by resolving problems, contributing information to strategic plans and identifying improvements.
• Maintain healthy and safe work environment by enforcing procedures and standards and complying with legal regulations.
• Prevent interruptions and fines by enforcing and fulfilling the codes.
• Completion of Secondary School.
• Minimum 1 year experience as a Construction Supervisor.
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent organization and planning skills to prioritize and balance work.
• Ability to lead others in the completion of a schedule, budget guidelines, and customer requirements.
• Great verbal and written communication skills.
• Computer proficient, with experience in MS Office software.
How to Apply